Gellux help please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eager beaver

Reaction score
Hi Geeks, i normally use orly GelFX (trained in gel polish with them), however when i was in capital the other day i picked up a few gellux colours to try, along with the fast bond and base/top coat. Last night i tried (for first time)gellux ocean blue (limited edition) and even after four coats it was still not opaque on most nails (fine on some). So i was wondering: Is this normal or did i maybe a) not shake/roll the bottle enough prior to application,b) apply the base coat unevenly (if gellux deviates to where more base coat is?) or is there anything else i did wrong? I did thorough prep,applied each layer thinly and cured under LED for 30secs. Any advice appreciated as reluctant to use it again x

Any advice appreciated x

I used gellux for abit and I found the polishes inconsistent. Some went on lovely, some really gloopy and others were like water. All were purchased in store at capital. This brand may work for some but for me they had to go x

I had that with the Lilac Lychee shade but shades like Maraschino Cherry were fine. I think it might be a pigment thing but unsure

Thanks for your replies x

I use gellux, first time I use a new bottle it seems to go abit watery for some reason but it has been fine after! Just give it a good shake :)

Latest posts

Back