Getting an employee - what I need

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LocksOfLove

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Right I'm in the process of opening my hair extension salon, I'm renting bits out but I've hired a part time lady to assist me in re tipping as I do this on the side and it's getting way too busy for me to do on my own. I'm also in the process of hiring someone to train in extensions to work with me part time from the end of this year who I will pay to go on courses (after working with me for a few months) who will help with my clients as I slowly move down south! I want to make sure I've got everything sorted:

I've contacted HMRC about tax/ni and will probably get an accountant to sort that out.

I've got employers liability aswell as got the tipper insurance to cover her (will do the same for my trainee)

I've contacted fire/health and safety with my local council who have advised me I can do all that myself and have sent me the regulations which I have done - I've booked my self on a first aid course, and got all fire extinguishers, first aid boxes and all safety signs etc.

I have a solicitor writing me up contracts for employing them.

Have I missed anything?

Thanks! Xx

Good luck with your new venture.

Sounds like you're well prepared especially as you intend using other professionals for tax and contracts etc.

When you say 'move down south', are you planning to move away and leave the salon running in your absence?

Good luck with your new venture.

Sounds like you're well prepared especially as you intend using other professionals for tax and contracts etc.

When you say 'move down south', are you planning to move away and leave the salon running in your absence?

It's a bit complicated! Lol, basically got accepted to take over the premises the my other half got a job down south (in Milton Keynes were in North Yorks at the mo!) I want to eventually move over there and possibly open a second, or just tip and take a step back, id still be coming over every 2 weeks to check everything and do clients that don't want to move to my new extensionist. Id have my mum keeping an eye on the salon and make sure everything's in order and let her manage it (obviously train her up too!) xxx

Latest posts

Back