Getting hair extension clients?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Elle_stylist

Reaction score
I have just done a hair extension course and I know 3 methods .. I'm just struggling with how I can get clients for it. I want to start up on Facebook but don't feel I can without any pictures!

I have just done a hair extension course and I know 3 methods .. I'm just struggling with how I can get clients for it. I want to start up on Facebook but don't feel I can without any pictures!
I got started buy fitting for £40 , so they buy the hair plus £40 it got my started and also got experience from it ..

I did a few free fitting nd got pictured that way and then did a couple for £35/40 fitting. It's difficult to start with, word of mouth is priceless xx

Gumtree is very good for the beginning,Facebook, Instagram is also good,you could fit extensions for you friends in exchange for pictures, also your supplier can provide you some pictures of their hair fitted.

Only problem I found with offering free fittings is you do tend to attract the people that want to save money so won't spend much on the hair ether.
For my first 4 clients I charged for the hair I wanted to use and fitted for free to get me a start of a portfolio and some reviews. Then I charged £40 for a fitting And then now I charge £75 X

Only problem I found with offering free fittings is you do tend to attract the people that want to save money so won't spend much on the hair ether.
For my first 4 clients I charged for the hair I wanted to use and fitted for free to get me a start of a portfolio and some reviews. Then I charged £40 for a fitting And then now I charge £75 X
Did you go straight from £40 to £70? I never know whether to gradually increase price or do it straight away... Do you find you get tips on top of that? x

I'm doing my extensions training in June and I will be charging full price from the start.

The reason for this is that you can charge full price you can still photos from clients with their permission.

I'm doing my extensions training in June and I will be charging full price from the start.

The reason for this is that you can charge full price you can still photos from clients with their permission.

I think this will be difficult to launch full price with no portfolio of work how will you get clients in the first instance without any work for them to look at and in my experience you need at least 6 month practical experience before you have mastered the technique and overall service ect ,, unless your full price is still a budget price , I'm not being harsh I'm just offering my advice the more people pay they will expect a perfect job if it's not trust me they will be back , in my first 6 month I charged £35 fitting weaves £50 individuals I spent half my time going back repairing sorting out , only now 3 years on I'm full time and charge a higher rate and have very little repairs x

I do have selected friends lined up who I will fit for free, but for real clients I will be charging a full rate.

I do have selected friends lined up who I will fit for free, but for real clients I will be charging a full rate.
Yeah I suppose you can get pictures of your friends but dependant on your area it's really competitive market and people are quick to moan more so if you've not got experience and are charging full price I've seen so many people give up for this reason it's a shame but good luck x

the clients I did free fitting for purchased their own hair after recommendations from me. I went from free to £35 to £60 and now do from £85 depending on what colour I'm fitting. Xx

Someone I trained with said you don't need ask for permission if it's just the back of the hair

Someone I trained with said you don't need ask for permission if it's just the back of the hair
I always ask my clients nd not had one say no x I think it's best to ask anyway x

If you do a good job there would not be a reason for them not to let you showcase your work x

Latest posts

Back