Giving the Client what they want - polish pro Vs coloured gel

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sammi010

Reaction score
I have a Client who has had coloured gel for 2+ years now and has always been really happy.

She has cottoned on to shellac, gelish etc. and said she wanted the same as she's be able to change colour more regularly.

I use NSI balance gels and have started using polish pro but at the moment only on myself and guniea pigs rather than paying clients.

She has tip and overlays with nis colour gels so to change colour I buff off the colour to the base layer of clear gel. The way I see it I'd still have to do this with the polish pro as if I used acetone to remove it would/could breakdown the gel enhancement.

In which case it defeats the point and she may aswell stick to coloured gel. I did explain that the hybrid polishes are aimed more for natural nails as they don't have the strength to support enhancements so she'd still have to have gel underneath.

I am going to her on Tuesday, obviously if it's polish pro she wants then that is what she can have, but I don't think it's going to be what she is expecting.

I use polish pro on both natural nails and tip and overlays. If removing from tip and overlays you have to buff so it does defeat the object. I find it does give a certain amount of strength but won't be as much as a builder gel. If she insists on polish pro I would put clear gel underneath then polish pro over top. Xx

Thanks for you reply. That's exactly what I was going to go, use clear builder gel and then the polish pro on top. She has got it in her head though that as it's a 'polish' it will be easier to change colours, whereas as it will be going on over tip and overlays it will still need buffing off like a coloured gel would.

She is a lovely lady and a very good client, I am just a bit concerned as to what her expectations of this 'new' product are. She is also very heavy handed, she has horses on the same yard as me so I know the battering her nails take on a daily basis and I am just worried she wont get same strength she would do from the gel she has always had.

I suppose as long as I spell it out to her then if it doesn't work out she knows why.

Latest posts

Back