Glitter but bigger and different shapes... ideas how to use it with Shellac?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jbeauty

Reaction score
Hi fellow geeks, I have mistakenly bought the bigger glitter (uneven shapes) instead of the finer.... any ideas of how to use it with shellac?

I have looked at videos of fingernailfixer (holly - you are brilliant) but can't find anything.

Your expertise and ideas would be really welcome..... photos too would be good. Love n hugs as always!!! :hug:

P.S it almost looks like crushed shells (I've got it in pink, green and purple)

Could it be Ice Mylar/Cracked Ice that you've purchased? They are like tiny glitter flakes.

I've no personal experience of this type of nail art specificially, but I'm sure there are a few posts or even threads on the site to get you started ... the search button will help you to find them.

I would use it in a thinner layer. Like, maybe a few pieces on each nail; the same application as Rockstar with fine glitter.

You're going to want to keep the pieces away from the side walls, cuticle and free edge, because if even one piece of glitter gets in the way of the nail and the top coat, you're going to have lifting.

Also, with the bigger glitter, it's going to be a little more difficult to get smooth. So, two top coats will be a must! :)

If you're talking of the Ice Mylar/Cracked Ice glitter flakes, I used them with acrylic, with CND clear powder. Basically, I sculpted white tips and used the pink flakes on top so you could see the white, and the broken pieces of pink on top. It gave a really cool look! I'm hoping to try the silver ones over colored tips soon.

I would assume you could use them with Shellac in a similar way. Have you done Rockstar nails before, with just the fine glitter? You might have to place the flakes on the nail instead of just dropping them down (I tapped on the glitter bottle so the glitters falls on the nail, with a piece of white paper underneath so I catch all the unused ones). Does that make sense? :)

I use a fine glitter, in a matching colour first, like a normal rockstar, then, after the topcoat, I drop the larger pieces onto the sticky layer & pat down.Two more topcoats & you are good to go. hth

Thanks for everyone's reply, I have got finer gold and silver but didnt want to go and buy more finer colours.

When using it I find that I'm having to use 3 top coats too so really not cost effective.... :eek:

Any other ideas on using it perhaps in a design??? xxxx:wink2:

Latest posts

Back