Glitter on colour pops burning?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nailedit00

Reaction score
I don't usually put my glitter on colour pops but I have been messing around with my new Christmas glitters. I sprinkle the glitter in uncured gel polish then top coat, when I cure the top coat the colour pops crack and the top coat goes yellow as if it's burnt.. I'm so confused why is this happening? This is with the entire INK London range I haven't done it with my shellac yet

What's the colour underneath? I remember when magpies Angel glitter came out a lot of people saw the top coat turning yellowy.. I think it's just how some top coats are- I had this exact problem using their rock top coat and this glitter (sorry can't remember the final answer!) so it might be fine with shellac. X

What's the colour underneath? I remember when magpies Angel glitter came out a lot of people saw the top coat turning yellowy.. I think it's just how some top coats are- I had this exact problem using their rock top coat and this glitter (sorry can't remember the final answer!) so it might be fine with shellac. X
I did it over an uncured topcoat and it was Angel that I used! But the colour pop cracked in the lamp which is confusing, I did do it with another glitter and the same thing happened this glitter was white like Angel.. Maybe it goes a bit yellow with glitters but is more noticeable with white :confused:

I've never experienced this, did you put the polish on thick? causing the gel to release too much heat and causing a heat spike on the pop.

I did put it on thicker than usual because on the chunky glitter but it wasn't that thick at all :confused:

Latest posts

Back