Glitter Shellac peeling slightly after 2 days

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MissyJ

Reaction score
Hi everyone,I'm newly qualified to offer shellac. I done a collegues nails and unfortunatley she's just messaged to say they have very slightly peeled after 2 days.
even when I do my own nails with rockstar glitter they last me at least 7 days.
It was my first time doing glitter fade at the free edge as I normally start by matrix and work down. do you think maybe I applied too much glitter at the end which could have caused it to peel?
I done all normal pep, base, 2 coats of colour, glitter on tips & 1 layer of top coat.
This is clients pic them after they were done.. any constructive criticism to help me improve would be very appreciated. thanks xx
Screenshot_2016-12-23-20-51-23-1.png

If you don't already, try pressing down the glitter once it's on the nail so that it's as flat as possible and not bulking at the tip of the nail. I also do this if the glitter starts at the cuticle. This way, your topcoat can go on more evenly as well. x

If you don't already, try pressing down the glitter once it's on the nail so that it's as flat as possible and not bulking at the tip of the nail. I also do this if the glitter starts at the cuticle. This way, your topcoat can go on more evenly as well. x
thank you for your reply. yes normally I really burnish it to make sure it sits flat, & i love holos so makes them shine more using this technique. I was just worried that I would flick the glitter past the tips too much as it was my first go, so perhaps didnt flatten it enough. thank you xx

Latest posts

Back