Going from 55/65 Koleston Magenta colour back to mid brown. Help!!! Advice needed.

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

clearskin

Reaction score
Hi I am currently 55/65 Light intense violet mahogany brown in the Koleston perfect range. I have mid back length hair with porous, dry ends. I am looking to return to a mid chocolately brown colour (similar to my picture on here) but do not want the expense of going to a salon.

Can anyone advise me on how to remove enough of the red to go back to brown without there being too much red in it as I'm trying to avoid obvious regrowth.
Do I need to use a colour remover? Use a green shade like 0/28 first to balance out red and then dye brown shade or just dye my hair an ash brown shade?

I am not a professional hairdresser but have access to and am pretty confident using professional products.

If anyone uses the Koleston range and can recommend shades etc. that would be great!

Many thanks
Dawn

Hi Dawn , I am sorry but if you yourself are not professionally trained in hair colouring hair , it would be very unwise and very unprofessional of us to give any advice to an untrained person ,

I would suggest you go to a salon or a college they are always needing models for hair colouring jobs like yours
x :hug: minky

Latest posts

Back