Going mobile straight after level three

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vanilla

Reaction score
Hi Geeks,

I've just complete my level 3 beauty and I've been looking for jobs. All jobs want experience and treatments need to be done in a time frame.

I did my level 2 10 years ago. I've been working on beauty counters doing make-up etc so haven't done any level 2 treatments. My waxing and painting skills need practice to come up to speed and standard.

I plan to practice level 2 treatments then apply for jobs, but I'm not sure how long it will take me.

The issue is I'm bored of counter work I need out. I was going to apply for different jobs, Non beauty and do beauty mobile or rent a room on a Saturday. Anyone done this??

Has anyone got straight into working for themselves and been successful?? I know it takes a while to build but what choice do I have if no one will take me on.

Any words of wisdom advice xx

I started up mobile once I had a few certificates - I can't afford to leave my current job and go and do the full-time Beauty therapy course at college, so I'm having to use ILAs and my own money to qualify bit by bit. I knew there was no way I'd be employed in a spa or salon with the few certificates I had, they were enough for me to get insured, so it was the only way I could get experience.

It's been less than a year, I think I'm doing okay, it's a slow burn that's for sure lol

Latest posts

Back