Good quality nail files

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

twid

Reaction score
I used to buy the thin black ones that were a high grit grade from Sweet Squared (not the official CND ones), that've been discontinued or are not being stocked anymore. I hate the CND ones, they don't last anytime at all and have recently bought some from Ellisons which are no better.

Can anyone tell me of a good brand and where to get them as I'm really struggling.

Thanks
Karaxxx

I like the NSI files. They're sanitizable, last quite well (longer than most files I've tried and I've tried lots in my search for the perfect file!), are lovely to use and the 240 grit seem kinder to the natural nail than others of the same grit I've used. You can buy them from Alan Howard wholesalers or from the NSI website. They have all different grits and some are available with a buffer on the other side. They're the best I've managed to find. I also like the yellow 240 grit from Salon Services as a "nice to nails" natural nail file but it doesn't last anywhere near as long.

Last edited:
NSI dura files are the best ! IMO X

I like the NSI files. They're sanitizable, last quite well (longer than most files I've tried and I've tried lots in my search for the perfect file!), are lovely to use and the 240 grit seem kinder to the natural nail than others of the same grit I've used. You can buy them from Alan Howard wholesalers or from the NSI website. They have all different grits and some are available with a buffer on the other side. They're the best I've managed to find. I also like the yellow 240 grit from Salon Services as a "nice to nails" natural nail file but it doesn't last anywhere near as long.
Think I'll pick some up at the show this weekend.

I like the NSI 240 grit black cushion files.

I LOVE the Lenny Deighton crystal nail file. It makes your free edge feel super smooth and ever since i've used it I can't imagine using a normal file again! x

Thanks for the help ladies, I'll look into these - fingers crossed.

Karaxxx

If it's just a fine grit file that your looking for for tidying up the free edge on natural nails before shellac etc then maybe consider a crystal file as mentioned above (not glass) because for that they are ideal, the huge benefit of them is that they last FOREVER (literally) and never go dull because the grit is permanently etched into the surface of the file unlike a glass file, I personally wouldn't go for the Leighton Denny because it can be bought everywhere including boots, so if you where interested id look into maybe the OPI or Minx file from S2 which would be more professional, the only reason you'd need to replace them is if you drop it and it smashes. I personally use CND kanga files and love them and they last me ages, don't know why they didn't for you, why I use them over a crystal file is because I love how thin they are, a crystal file would be too fragile if it was that thin xxx

The way we store our files is important, if your file is jiggling around with lots of other tools - the grit comes off faster.

Ideally a case or packet to store in and when sanitising allow to dry in a well ventilated area on a clean tissue , placing back into its packet or case once dry.

Salon services yellow tiflon file 240/240 grit or black foam file 240/240 are about the same grit as a crystal file.

I love my crystal file but there are some people who detest the noise it makes, even though it leaves a lovely smooth finish!

I love CND koala buffer for natural nails. Great size, nice thickness, and grit.

Sent from my VS980 4G using SalonGeek mobile app

I use Nail harmony files and buffers.
They last ages x

Latest posts

Back