Greeny grey instead of just grey

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

redlottie13

JUST BE NICE
Reaction score
Well ive nearly completed my first week in my new salon .....everything that could have broken or gone wrong has!.....and todays colour was icing on the cake!

Ok so here is my clients hair before and after. 10 bloody hours!...god knows why!

#Clients natural base -4 ..balayage 7/8
#Condition-good(uses olaplex reg)
#Wanted a dark brown base 3. With grey balayage.

And although i can deffo see grey theres a khaki /greeny shine / tinge to the colour.... Now this picture isn't great but please help!
She's a friend and luckily has seen me actually do a grey in front of her eyes before so knows im capable...she's gone home and is going to wash it tomo and we will look at it again!

im wondering if ive done something wrong?
Used a 3.0 and firstly used a xlaa joico toner over the pale yellow / blonde (came out wishy washy and patchy)

Then went over it with guy tang 7sm

Ive done lots of greys, with No green tinge! So what have i overlooked.

Silly i know but could it be the salon lighting? As ive just moved in i haven't changed the lights?

Attachments

• 1488412256233.jpg
    1488412256233.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 145
  • 1488412271936.jpg
    1488412271936.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 143
I normally mix 8vm with 7sm that seems to help I had the same with the 7sm on its own to does go a little Kharki

Shall i gentle cleanse and use equal parts of sm and vm?

I e had this problem a few times. Now I've realised there's too much ash in toner/colour.

I know make sure is a violet ash for yellow and blue ash for orange when toning xx

Do you mix them together using equal parts?

Do you mix them together using equal parts?
No I use a violet toner for yellow hair and blues toner for orangey hair.
Try the new guy tang toners. They are specifically designed for for toning before colouring the desired colour xx

Ooooh they are pre tones? X

No I use a violet toner for yellow hair and blues toner for orangey hair.
Try the new guy tang toners. They are specifically designed for for toning before colouring the desired colour xx

Yes they are. I'm new to them. Got them from salon services. So u bleach up, use the toner, wash then apply desired shade. I like simple things lol So much products out there it's confusing.. also I've just bought in the fanola no yellow shampoo so I'm going to try it out today.. what are you on Facebook. I'll add you and can send u some pics xx

Hi . Maybe there was too much yellow in the hair when you applied the toner ? If it's a blue ash then blue+yellow = green ? Perhaps a more violet based ash would work better x

I lifted it to the palest yellow x

Latest posts

Back