Grey coverage?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Extrovert

Reaction score
Please help, I have tried goldwell, majirel & swarzkopf colours but find that after 1 or 2 washes the grey hair comes through again, it's not regrowth it's just not holding the colour, what can I do as my hair is dry as I dye it too often :(

Are you adding extra base to colour? Which colour are you using?

have you tried using schwarzkopf igora 00 series, i use a 500 on a cleint that had 100% grey and it coversbrillantly and lasts until her next appt.

Are you adding extra base to colour? Which colour are you using?

I usually have base 5 on roots, extra base? What do u mean,?
Thanks xx

I use Clynol plus range on 100% White hair give great coverage and lasts till next appt no fading on ends or anything, wella double base colours are good also, recently been trying rusk deepshine and they also offer good grey coverage xx

Thanks for ur advice geeks xx

What percentage of white do you have? With majirel you need to add half of either natural base if using a cool colour or a warm base if using a warm colour if your hair had more than 50 percent White. Or if more than 80 percent White loreal supreme is really good for resistant White hair, I used to have to pre soften my mums hair with majirel but with supreme I don't need to :)

I don't have much grey hair but I can see it, will try ur suggestions this week x

Colour supreme is the only colour that is formulated to cover 100% grey I find it very luminous with the different colours running through the one tube of tint it's really lovely and I have a big demand for it

I love using Koleston Perfect by Wella. Your gray percentage should match the percentage of the natural shade (-/0).

Example: If your client wants to be 5/5 (dark brown violet) but is 50% gray, your formula should be 50% 5/0 and 50% 5/5 with equal parts 20 volume. Only use 20, comes out perfect every time.

have you pre softened the hair before hand.. and used double base xxx

I use koleston intensive 6/77 for really good grey coverage - should I mix it 50/50 with 6/0?

I would mix 75% 6/77 and 25% 66/0 Koleston Perfect w/ 20 volume. Also make sure it is staying on for the FULL development time. Hope this helps :)

Latest posts

Back