Pure Naturals colour advice for grey coverage

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RebeccaWH

Reaction score
Hello all,

I'm going to use Koleston Perfect Special Blonde 12/89 on my hair (thank you to ronray for the colour recommendation). I'm thinking of adding in 1/3 of a Pure Naturals shade for grey coverage and wondered what shade might be good for this. I'm looking to achieve a cool white blonde.

I'll be using 12% with the 12/89 - should I use 9% for a better chance at getting grey coverage? Or can 12% achieve some grey coverage with KP Special Blondes? I'd say I'm about 30% grey. I haven't tried to cover my greys before so I'm not sure how resistant to colour they are.

Thank you!

Rebecca

Hello all,

I'm going to use Koleston Perfect Special Blonde 12/89 on my hair (thank you to ronray for the colour recommendation). I'm thinking of adding in 1/3 of a Pure Naturals shade for grey coverage and wondered what shade might be good for this. I'm looking to achieve a cool white blonde.

I'll be using 12% with the 12/89 - should I use 9% for a better chance at getting grey coverage? Or can 12% achieve some grey coverage with KP Special Blondes? I'd say I'm about 30% grey. I haven't tried to cover my greys before so I'm not sure how resistant to colour they are.

Thank you!

Rebecca
Special blonde won't give grey coverage. Anything above a level 9 won't give 100% coverage.

Special blonde won't give grey coverage. Anything above a level 9 won't give 100% coverage.
Is the white hair shattered, or is it clustered together and if so is it in a prominent place?

Is the white hair shattered, or is it clustered together and if so is it in a prominent place?
Thanks for your comment re: level 9 - good to know!

The white hair is mostly clustered, two thick lines on either side of my centre parting towards the front of my head (I wear a side parting to disguise it!) and also some scattered along my hair line. So pretty prominent!

Latest posts

Back