Grey grow out

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

angel87

Reaction score
Hello everyone,
I’m sure there must be a few of you with clients thinking of finally embracing their grey.
One of my ladies has an appointment on 4th when we reopen, she will have 16 weeks regrowth by then! She wants to stop colouring her hair now.
She is naturally a base 6 with 50% white - I was colouring her wella 6/71. The mids and ends of her hair have lightened up to what looks like an 8.
I’m thinking do I foil her whole head in thin slices but only up to the regrowth line and then tone?
or do I baby light her full head and tone? But will the left out hair look an odd colour and when I tone the foils then it will affect the left of hair too [emoji51]
She has also said she doesn’t want it completely grey, perhaps some ash blonde hi lights.
I will use bleach + 20vol.
Im unsure what to tone her with. I use wella.
I’m feeling nervous about it. Please any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

Hello everyone,
I’m sure there must be a few of you with clients thinking of finally embracing their grey.
One of my ladies has an appointment on 4th when we reopen, she will have 16 weeks regrowth by then! She wants to stop colouring her hair now.
She is naturally a base 6 with 50% white - I was colouring her wella 6/71. The mids and ends of her hair have lightened up to what looks like an 8.
I’m thinking do I foil her whole head in thin slices but only up to the regrowth line and then tone?
or do I baby light her full head and tone? But will the left out hair look an odd colour and when I tone the foils then it will affect the left of hair too [emoji51]
She has also said she doesn’t want it completely grey, perhaps some ash blonde hi lights.
I will use bleach + 20vol.
Im unsure what to tone her with. I use wella.
I’m feeling nervous about it. Please any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
I would do a full head babylights, and on the coloured level 8 hair, apply a darker cooler colour inbetween the foils - coloured areas only. Let it all process then tone the highlights with a natural cool blonde :)

I would do a full head babylights, and on the coloured level 8 hair, apply a darker cooler colour inbetween the foils - coloured areas only. Let it all process then tone the highlights with a natural cool blonde :)

Thank you
Would you suggest using colour touch on the left out hair or a permanent?

Thank you
Would you suggest using colour touch on the left out hair or a permanent?
Colour touch 100%!
2 parts 8/81 with 1 parts 7/89 +1.9% :)

I've also had a client who want to go back to her "natural" grey hair .
She's been looking at work done by and American hairdresser , Jack Martin , his work looks great .
There are also details on his Instagram of how he's done it and what products/ formulas he's used .
Hope this helps .

Latest posts

Back