Hair advice needed for a non professional

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

a.m.

Reaction score
Hello Hairdressers,
I know this is a forum for professionals only and you cant give advice, but I dont need information about professional products, only about after salon hair care.
I am a dark blond and 1.5 years ago Ive got highlights in a salon in my home country, 1 year later I wanted to be a lighter blonde and the same hairdresser gave me more highlights and also she lightened my whole hair after. I remember, my head was in the wash basin and she put something on my hair and she said its gonna lift the rest of my hair. The result was very natural and beautiful light blonde and I was happy. Also it was ashy as I told her many times I dont want any yellow. I expected a longlasting ashy hair, as i spent almost 5 hours there.
So my problem is, now I have a regrowth obviously which doesnt bother me, but around january my hair became a kind of dirty brassy, in the meantime some strands are silvery. Im not using any hair dye or colour by myself for years, only my hairdresser touched my hair. I use good quality silver shampoo from loreal (ordered from allbeauty) and even if i left the shampoo for hours on my hair, the brassy strands were still there.
I asked my hairdresser what should i use, but she only said, she cant really give an advice, i should get more highlights or a hair color/dye.
So in my case, is it really the only option, what she said? Or a blue shampoo? If i can remove this dirty gold colour with a shampoo or a product which is available for clients, is is possible to recommend some?
Thank you in advance and sorry that im still writing here while im not a professional.

I attach some photos i just took, the darker color are more orange in real, the rest a bit gold

Attachments

• IMG_9485[17944].jpg
    IMG_9485[17944].jpg
    798.9 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG_9486[17945].jpg
    IMG_9486[17945].jpg
    960.2 KB · Views: 37
Hair that has been lightened to a blonde will have some degree of porosity meaning that colour will slowly wash out leaving behind the raw undertones of yellow and orange. A purple shampoo can only go so far in neutralising these tones although Osmo Super Silver shampoo is stronger than most brands.

If shampoo isn’t strong enough, the only option is to re-do it. Normally, I’d expect clients to need their roots re-doing after 4-6 weeks anyway so that usually resolves the problem.

Thank you for your help! I really appreciate it, Im going to try the osmo! So should I go for the super silver or the silverising? If it doesnt help, Im going to look for a hairdresser in London. Thanks again

Hello, blonde is a lot of upkeep, ashy blonde is even more upkeep. I would definitely suggest getting another session of blonding done if you are noticing a lot of orange or brassy tones. The toner that is used is not meant to be a permanent color, rather redone with maintenance.

Latest posts

Back