I really need some colour advise please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Angel80

Reaction score
I really need some help with my hair guys as I don’t know where to go from here and I really dislike salons so I’d like to do it myself.

So I have a natural level 8 which has been highlighted but the upkeep was I bit too much for my bank account so after talking to my hairdresser she advised to colour it one colour so I used the products recommended which was Koleston perfect 8/07 with a 20 vol developer to get rid of my 25% grey. She chose 8/07 so the highlights wouldn’t go khaki as I wanted ash.

After dyeing my hair it went ginger (1st pic) and I was not impressed 😞 I tried re dyeing with ash but nothing happened then I tried blue shampoo and then wella colour charm T14 but nothing helped. I then put a wella colour touch 7/1 which helped with the ginger but it’s way too dark for me ☹️ (2nd pic)

Where do I go from here? My hair doesn’t seem to have suffered at all. I’d like to be a level 8 or 9 ash blonde. Will I need to bleach and then dye or could I use a higher developer with the Koleston perfect? I read somewhere that you can go blonde with Koleston with developer only but I don’t know.

Attachments

• BBEB5D73-03E6-45C6-A68E-9A05E64106A4.jpeg
    BBEB5D73-03E6-45C6-A68E-9A05E64106A4.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 0
  • 7E9621BB-7930-4E95-9DC6-CAF82B5E5AF7.jpeg
    7E9621BB-7930-4E95-9DC6-CAF82B5E5AF7.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
I really need some help with my hair guys as I don’t know where to go from here and I really dislike salons so I’d like to do it myself.

So I have a natural level 8 which has been highlighted but the upkeep was I bit too much for my bank account so after talking to my hairdresser she advised to colour it one colour so I used the products recommended which was Koleston perfect 8/07 with a 20 vol developer to get rid of my 25% grey. She chose 8/07 so the highlights wouldn’t go khaki as I wanted ash.

After dyeing my hair it went ginger (1st pic) and I was not impressed 😞 I tried re dyeing with ash but nothing happened then I tried blue shampoo and then wella colour charm T14 but nothing helped. I then put a wella colour touch 7/1 which helped with the ginger but it’s way too dark for me ☹️ (2nd pic)

Where do I go from here? My hair doesn’t seem to have suffered at all. I’d like to be a level 8 or 9 ash blonde. Will I need to bleach and then dye or could I use a higher developer with the Koleston perfect? I read somewhere that you can go blonde with Koleston with developer only but I don’t know.
The 7/ 1 definitely neutralised the warmth. But to get to a level 8 or 9 and get a true ash tone, you'd need to lighten the hair first.
You can't lighten hair with just developer.
You can use Kolesten perfect 10/0 + 12% as this will lift tinted hair 1-2 levels. But the lift can be unpredictable and could still be warm. You'd need to tone and balance afterwards.

The 7/ 1 definitely neutralised the warmth. But to get to a level 8 or 9 and get a true ash tone, you'd need to lighten the hair first.
You can't lighten hair with just developer.
You can use Kolesten perfect 10/0 + 12% as this will lift tinted hair 1-2 levels. But the lift can be unpredictable and could still be warm. You'd need to tone and balance afterwards.
So coloured hair can be lifted? Does that mean I could colour my hair with KP 10/0 + 12% developer and if it comes out too warm I could put a slightly darker toner on to combat the warmth?

So coloured hair can be lifted? Does that mean I could colour my hair with KP 10/0 + 12% developer and if it comes out too warm I could put a slightly darker toner on to combat the warmth?
Yes basically

Latest posts

Back