Hair and beauty

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gemmax147

Gemmax91
Reaction score
Hi can i have some help and advice on opening a salon please. There is a shop to let near me (no lease) only requires deposit, old salon so has chairs, mirrors, and basins. But i have no business knowledge what so ever! I'd literally be going in with my eyes closed. So looking for others input that has experience. Thanks :)

Hi can i have some help and advice on opening a salon please. There is a shop to let near me (no lease) only requires deposit, old salon so has chairs, mirrors, and basins. But i have no business knowledge what so ever! I'd literally be going in with my eyes closed. So looking for others input that has experience. Thanks :)
I am qualified in hair, beauty and barbering with clientelle being family and few friends only.

Start off by having a search, looking at all the other 'starting a business' threads on here.

There is so much to consider. And all the information is already on here.

I am qualified in hair, beauty and barbering with clientelle being family and few friends only.

Check out existing hair/beauty businesses in your area....are they busy?...what price band are they in?....why has the salon your looking at closed?.....
Will your 'friends and family' be paying you the full price for the service....
or will they expect 'mate rates'!!!!!:p
You will need to be REALLY HONEST and not let the thrill of owning your own salon take you over....
I love having my salon, but will admit, I LOL when I read over my business plan and projection ideas......:oops:
My rose tinted glasses came off pretty quick!
Read all related threads on here, they will help no end. ;)

Latest posts

Back