Hair | Denmark Outlaws Sexist Haircut Prices

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Ed.

Reaction score
We have a lot the thank Denmark for. Firstly there are the amazingly, dark, twisted and utterly addictive TV dramas, not to mention Danish pastries and Viggo Mortensen, and now they're blazing the trail on haircut price equality.

Last year, a woman filed a complaint in Denmark, arguing that it was pretty unjust that she had to pay £60.00 for a short haircut that would have cost a male-shaped person a mere £48.00. I have to say, I tend to agree and, more importantly, so did Denmark's Board of Equal Treatment. They ruled that such pricing discrepancies based on gender violated the country's Gender Equality Act and were no longer legal.

I guess they're a'head' of their time. Geddit?

Until then...geek on!

The Ed.

Attachments

• iStock_000016293624XSmall.jpg
    iStock_000016293624XSmall.jpg
    128.4 KB · Views: 231
I swear I've heard jokes about how mens haircuts cost less than womens because apparantly a lot of men aren't as bothered about haircuts and stuff.

I always ask for a quote before booking my hair appointment. Saves embarassment.

This equalling out is not all good news!Bad for men because in these kind of disputes the price rises for the sex benfiting from a cheaper service , it doesnt lower for the higher payer. For an example think new car insurance deals.

In my opinion Barbering services are provided may too cheap in genral anyhow.

Latest posts

Back