Hair extension advice - please help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tjmadmum

Reaction score
Hi ladies,
popping over from a beauty and just wanted to get some thoughts and advice. I decided to finally get hair extensions done, researched who I wanted to get it done with, she's fully qualified and does micro rings. May hair length is down to the nape of the neck. I explained I needed it to look nice both down, curled and also if I wanted it to be put up (have a special ball to go to this Saturday!). So it took her 2 hours, she brushed it all, took a photo and showed me the picture of the back of the hair, I paid her and drove the 70 mile round trip home!
I then popped into town to do some shopping and was getting some funny looks, picked my son up from school (got more funny looks) and my son told me they look ridiculous and very obvious.
Got home and my girls both just burst out laughing. So I finally get to a mirror to have a proper look and you can see the extensions when hair is down and up.
So my question is, are micro rings supposed to look so obvious? I have complained and she has offered to take out some of the obvious top ones, but she said "they are not totally visible, they are not your own hair after all, mine are visible when my hair is up as is everyones".
I have had extensions before and never had a problem, always look natural. To be honest I don't even want to go back to her to "try and sort it out", they look terrible and I would rather find someone else to take them all out and start again. Plus I don't think I have the time. Not sure if I am going to get my money back though which is a worry.
Sorry for long message. xxx

Latest posts

Back