Hair extension application

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joanne496

Reaction score
I went on a hair extension course at the weekend and trained in micro/nano ring, la/hollywood weave and tape. We were taught to leave a combs width in between sections, as you do around the hairline, when starting a new row. We were all really surprised as we've always seen it done back to back but she said the reason behind it was when you go to do a refit your not picking up the same hair again so it gives your hair a rest which makes sense but I'm not entirely convinced this is the correct method for a full head as surely you won't fit many in?! Opinions...

It depends what method you’re talking about. With the nano rings and micros rings/mini locks you typically don’t leave any hair between rows, but with fusion/glue bonds then you do, it’s called veiling so there’s a gap between rows (also with the weave method usually ) x

It depends what method you’re talking about. With the nano rings and micros rings/mini locks you typically don’t leave any hair between rows, but with fusion/glue bonds then you do, it’s called veiling so there’s a gap between rows (also with the weave method usually ) x

With micro and nano. And tape I suppose?!

Sorry i didn't make myself very clear! Using the micro/nano ring method x

If you was to leave a combs width space every-time you did a row, you wouldn't have a head to do extensions on. With LA weave, you leave quite a bit of space per section because its weft hair and you don't need as many rows as individual extensions.

With micro/nano some people leave a tiny fingernail section per extension rows to avoid getting hair from other rows..

I personally leave a tiny space per row, but most extensions I have seen are normally all packed in so they don't reach the crown and be visible.

Latest posts

Back