Hair extension suppliers

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
Hi im a recently qualified hair extension technician and im struggling to find a good hair supplier thats affordable prices for people. I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions for weaves, nano tip and stick "i" tip extensions also if they charge you to open a trade account with them as I got quoted £700 to just open a trade account with one company. Is that normal? Thanks in advance

Hi im a recently qualified hair extension technician and im struggling to find a good hair supplier thats affordable prices for people. I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions for weaves, nano tip and stick "i" tip extensions also if they charge you to open a trade account with them as I got quoted £700 to just open a trade account with one company. Is that normal? Thanks in advance

Hi,

We do all the mentioned methods you're after, and also charge for opening a trade account - although this fee is then credited straightaway to your account, can be spent in full. I think it's quite normal for extension companies to charge an opening fee.

I've been in the extension business for 9 years and have never had to pay to open a trade account. Just check out the suppliers with the search feature at the top of the page to find various suppliers that only require proof of your qualifications to open a trade account with them.

Hi Im a qualified Extensions trainer & have been in industry 12 years, I’ve tried every supplier going,i absolutely love
prestige Hair Extensions they don’t charge to open an account but you do need to buy a colour ring usually £100. Their customer service skill are fantastic
I don’t like route Hair Extensions as i find the Hair isn’t great in the fact it only lasts 3 months before it splits & snaps
Pro salon is good for budget hair

Cinderella Hair is by far the best I’ve worked with but isn’t cheap about £350-£450 a full head but it’ll last the client at least 18 months

All of these will give you a trade account when you send them your certificate, For every company use you will need to buy a colouring these can average from £40-£100 but it is essential to have the correct colour ring from the right company because shades can vary massi for every company use you will need to buy a colouring these can average from £40-£100 but it is essential to have the correct colour ring from the right company because sites can bury massively

Last edited:
Thanks so much everyone for your help i will have a look into all these suppliers. Have any of you ever used hairXtensions.co uk?

Thanks so much everyone for your help i will have a look into all these suppliers. Have any of you ever used hairXtensions.co uk?
Are they part of eXtensionelle? If so they’re so/so Indian it gets fluffy after a few washes

you have to remember the saying “good hair isn’t cheap and cheap Hair isn’t good” that the reviews on the sale sites are filtered so make it always look great.

Never buy anything less than a grade 4a either

Average Russian cost per 20g that’s decent is at least £35 upwards
Hair that’s usually advertised as Brazilian is usually high grade chinese unless you import it in but then you have to buy in bulk x

Are they part of eXtensionelle? If so they’re so/so Indian it gets fluffy after a few washes

you have to remember the saying “good hair isn’t cheap and cheap Hair isn’t good” that the reviews on the sale sites are filtered so make it always look great.

Never buy anything less than a grade 4a either

Average Russian cost per 20g that’s decent is at least £35 upwards
Hair that’s usually advertised as Brazilian is usually high grade chinese unless you import it in but then you have to buy in bulk x
Ok thats great and really helpful as my trainer taught me all the methods ect just not so much about buying hair so its been a bit overwhelming x

Ok thats great and really helpful as my trainer taught me all the methods ect just not so much about buying hair so its been a bit overwhelming x
I can imagine!! i’m an educator/trainer and in my manual I always give advice and there is a section about purchasing hair ans which hair type suits clients Hair, someone with poker straight hair generally would be better off with European or Brazilian hair as it blow drys straight, someone with wavy hair would be better with Indian hair as it has a natural wave to it they can leave it to dry naturally and it blends in seamlessly, some Russian hair has a slight kink to it but generally it’s straight. most good quality hair is straight, from experience it’s very important to Match the clients hair natural texture to the texture of the extensions that you’re fitting, in your consultation and you will need to advise customers of the different hair types which has different costs to it that there are so it is always important to try and get some sample hair to show clients, I think as a trainer it’s important be able to pass on the knowledge of which Hair type will suit which persons hair, send me a message if you need any help or advice x

Last edited:
I can imagine!! i’m an educator/trainer and in my manual I always give advice and there is a section about purchasing hair ans which hair type suits clients Hair, someone with poker straight hair generally would be better off with European or Brazilian hair as it blow drys straight, someone with wavy hair would be better with Indian hair as it has a natural wave to it they can leave it to dry naturally and it blends in seamlessly, some Russian hair has a slight kink to it but generally it’s straight. most good quality hair is straight, from experience it’s very important to Match the clients hair natural texture to the texture of the extensions that you’re fitting, in your consultation and you will need to advise customers of the different hair types which has different costs to it that there are so it is always important to try and get some sample hair to show clients, I think as a trainer it’s important be able to pass on the knowledge of which Hair type will suit which persons hair, send me a message if you need any help or advice x
Aww thank you so much thats really helped as I didnt know about Brazilian or European hair really. Ive ordered a colour ring for indian and russian hair so far. Ill have a look into the others now and see if I can find a supplier that does them. Thanks again xx

Aww thank you so much thats really helped as I didnt know about Brazilian or European hair really. Ive ordered a colour ring for indian and russian hair so far. Ill have a look into the others now and see if I can find a supplier that does them. Thanks again xx
Who did you train with out of curiosity x

Yikes never had to pay to open a trade account. I use archie lloyds 40% trade discount, the hair is really good.

Yikes never had to pay to open a trade account. I use archie lloyds 40% trade discount, the hair is really good.
Thanks ill give it a look x

Hi DM me. I would like to send you more details

Hi bombshell,

We do not charge to open a trade account.

I’ve registered for trade account with quite a few companies and never paid to open an account, other then Beauty works who asked for a £500 minimum spend on my 1st order, the only stipulation is supplying copied of my qualifications. which is pretty standard, I also do nails and those suppiers ask for proof too.
I mainly used Hair Rebellion for my hair now, they do good quality Indian hair and virgin peruvian hair which is absolutely lush!

Latest posts

Back