Hair extension technicians

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alanaabdn

Reaction score
Hello :)

i have started my Hair Extension business and i am at a point where i have fitted a few heads of hair but it has slowed down slightly now.

i was wondering if anyone else would be willing to share advice on how they got their business up and running and things i can do to grow.

i was thinking of making a Facebook group where we could share advise on before and afters/ supplier experiences new techniques etc.

i feel like i'm left out there on my own as i work mobile and don't have many friends in the industry, but it would be nice to have somewhere (aside from salon geek) to ask questions and get feedback.

Stick to salon geek! You don’t want any competition in your area getting hold of all your tips on good suppliers etc! [emoji23]

Stick to salon geek! You don’t want any competition in your area getting hold of all your tips on good suppliers etc! [emoji23]
Very good point!
it's just annoying not having much support because of working mobile etc!
it's hard to stand out in a crowd of people doing the same thing, don't get me wrong i'm doing pretty well for just starting off i just need things to pick back up a bit again!

i have started my Hair Extension business and i am at a point where i have fitted a few heads of hair but it has slowed down slightly now.

i was wondering if anyone else would be willing to share advice on how they got their business up and running and things i can do to grow.

i was thinking of making a Facebook group where we could share advise on before and afters/ supplier experiences new techniques etc.

i feel like i'm left out there on my own as i work mobile and don't have many friends in the industry, but it would be nice to have somewhere (aside from salon geek) to ask questions and get feedback.

There is already couple of groups like this on facebook x

what bag do you use to carry your tools? i have one but all the zips are brozen and in reality everything is just stuffed in there haha

It’s hard when you start off but from my personal experience when you have a great supplier naturally you will start becoming bigger and customers will come back xx

i have a really good supplier and a handful of customers that keep coming back.
trying to focus on great customer service. supplier i am using although they have mixed reviews on here i have had nothing but help from them, they've been great. just trying to focus on building my clientele and looking for tips on how other people have built it into a solid business.
it's obviously quite competitive.

Hiya

Hiya I feel like I’m in the same boat, I qualified in hair extensions in june but mint I know wants hair extensions at the min or doesn’t want to pay a lot for them how do you recommend I get people wanting to have them done as like you i only need a couple of before and after to get some advertisme t for them

I made a business page and put everything I could on there.
I done a group chat with everyone I knew that were ladies and asked if they would be willing to get extensions for just the cost of the hair. Had a couple of friends and then posted their pics on Facebook and paid for the page to be advertised

Hiya

Hiya I feel like I’m in the same boat, I qualified in hair extensions in june but mint I know wants hair extensions at the min or doesn’t want to pay a lot for them how do you recommend I get people wanting to have them done as like you i only need a couple of before and after to get some advertisme t for them
I'd be happy for us to chat via pm and I'll give you my Facebook business details etc to have a look for ideas?

I'd be happy for us to chat via pm and I'll give you my Facebook business details etc to have a look for ideas?
That would be great thanks

Don’t loose heart if you have recently qualified it takes a good few months if not years to build up a good reputation, give it time. Great customer service and honesty I feel is key there is other techs around me and some of the stuff I hear about rudeness and bad service is horrendous! But it puts me in a great position my clientele is slowing building and I mainly get clients from recommendations. If you put 110% in every time it will eventually build up x

Latest posts

Back