Hair extension vendors-India/China

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Candice Codling

Reaction score
Hi,

I have been wearing hair extensions for the past 10 years and I know what hair extensions are good, and what hair extensions are just plain rubbish. I live in the UK and buying hair here locally from local hair shops or online stores can be extremely expensive. I wanted to open up my own online hair store offering affordable hair wefts in straight and body wave 16" - 22", on the side line as I have a full time job.

For the past 5 months I have been sourcing hair samples from China and India, it has got to the point where I am wasting a lot of money getting hair samples that just don't meet the quality standards that I am looking for.

Experience so far from chinese vendors- They tend to grade their hair into different categories dependent on quality (it can get very confusing as this grading system is not regulated in any way!), the hair looks overly smooth and processed- whilst their body wave hair was relatively thick, their straight hair was extremely thin in the bundles particularly at the bottoms. The hair was smooth however, and shedding was minimal.

Experience so far from indian vendors- I ordered different sizes of temple hair which some bundles came in light brown colours and others darker, I was told as the hair comes directly from a donor then I must state on further orders exactly the colour I wanted, the hair was also dirty and required wash before I installed it to test the quality. The hair matted and shed after one wash.

I am adamant to find a supplier that meets the quality requirements, is anybody able to reach out with a few names of vendors they have used or a few useful tips?

I am leaning more towards temple hair from India, even though my feedback above from Indian vendors was less positive than the vendors in China, I know that Indian hair is more natural/less processed, versatile and lasts longer.

I look forward to hearing from you
xoxo

Have you entered into any business before? You'll learn very quickly that people will not share with you their contacts. They have spent time and money sourcing their contacts and will not be willing to give details away.

Have you entered into any business before? You'll learn very quickly that people will not share with you their contacts. They have spent time and money sourcing their contacts and will not be willing to give details away.
its a shame really we cant all help each other out tho I have been searching for ages yet still to find :(

It's a shame I've been in the same position for about 2 1/2 years no one would share there success stories and tbh I don't blame them , after 12 month I've just about established a source in India the hair is beautiful but until I go over and visit there factory I won't be convinced with everything they tell me , but some advice and this is my opinion only as everyone has there own views , take what any of these sellers say with a pinch of salt , they have there own grading standards , half the time you will be dealing with agents and not the actual factory's , stick to basic terminology like 100%remy ,none mixed 100% human ect , the serious manufactures will then exhaust these terms with you where as the smaller sellers and agents don't really have that much knowledge so you'll get to know who's serious , also ask about there other buyers who else do they sell too , if your dealing with a experienced manufacturer they will know about some of the UK leading brands and although they won't tell you who they supply too , you will get to know how experienced they are in the industry hope this helps x

As some have already said, no one will give you their supplier details for obvious business reasons.
When looking for sample, forget about the grading, because there is no industry standard grading system for hair extensions, e.g a factory's grade 5A might be another factory grade 7A, same goes with colour rings, they are not exactly the same shade, so you have to find suppliers that match the exact colours you need.

Ask for only 100% human remy (in my opinion virgin hair doesn't exist) and non mix, most factories mix a small quantity of kanekalon with human and its very difficult to notice.

If you aren't buying double drawn, please ask the supplier about the "hair Ratio" most will be truthful enough to give you the details.
Also bear in mind that because the supplier sent you a nice quality sample doesn't mean that is what you get on your order.

My best tip: never ever deal with only one supplier,get at least 4 or 5.
Good luck

Latest posts

Back