Hair extensions but not qualified in hairdressing?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KarlieC

Reaction score
hi,

Quick question...in order to do a hair extension course would you say it would be best to have hair dressing experience/qualifications before hand ?

Many thanks
Karlie x

hi,

Quick question...in order to do a hair extension course would you say it would be best to have hair dressing experience/qualifications before hand ?

Many thanks
Karlie x
There are many great extensionists that are not hairdressers, if you have an eye for colour, a good imagination, and sense of style there's no reason why not

Hi Karlie!

Some do say it helps. Although, we do offer a variety of Hair Extension courses where no experience is needed as you will learn straight from the basics, at affordable prices! If you do also have a passion and dedication in the industry then there is no reason why you shouldn't! You can always check it out through our website or Facebook page! :) x

If you don’t have any formal hairdressing knowledge, it can be quite daunting learning different extension methods with just a few hours training. Habia have tightened up the rules and will only approve courses that are only open to qualified hairdressers. Also, quite a few insurance companies now won’t insure non hairdressers either, when they have done so in the past.

There are some competent extensionists around but equally, there are plenty of dreadful ones (including qualified hairdressers), so as with most things, it’s down to the ability of the individual.

I didn't' have much experience in hairdressing when I did my course (did it while I was training) I don't think you have to but even things like sectioning the hair etc take a while and the main thing it the cutting for me it was scary, the cut makes the extensions look 10 times better I was wondering why the other stylist clients looked better that was why as they had alot more experience, so I would definitely think about it. Xo

Latest posts

Back