Hair extensions - enquiries

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Michael Reynolds

Reaction score
Hi all,

Dose anyone else find that with hair extensions there is just so many time wasters? I get about 5m enquiries a day from people asking me about hair extensions and what's included but when I mention the price they stop messaging back or they say it's ok I'm sure I can find someone cheaper!

Please tell me I'm not the only one ha

Your not the only one I'm also having the same issue, only im wanting a few models to perfect my technique on so not charging for fitting and still can't get those lol

People don't want to pay for quality. We have a salon up the road who charge roughly £300 less than us but they use budget quality hair and recommend a new set every 8 weeks. The hair we use with correct maintenance can stay in upto 6 months and then be refitted at a fraction of the original cost making us around £500 cheaper across the year.

Stick to what your doing, refuse to budge on pricing or quality, remember it has to be still worth your while. I worked out once using cheaper hair I'd only make around £20 profit instead of £200ish so in the long run my prices work out less due to hair quality, I'm making a higher profit per clients than cheaper people do.

Some people will want to pay the extra and be happy to get better extensions, other people want the cheap of the cheap, these clients won't be loyal to you as they'll always be looking for the next cheapest deal, do you really want these people as your clients?

Latest posts

Back