Hair extensions trainer training

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vanity*louise

Reaction score
Hello,

I was wondering if anyone on here has done a course to become a trainer to teach hair extensions?

What qualifications do you need to do this, what is the best way of going about it and can you recommend any reasonably priced companies to train through?

I am self employed and I would be looking to work for myself doing this as opposed to working for a company.

I am qualified up to level 3 hairdressing and I trained through Balmain for extensions 7 years ago.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Hiya! I have been a trainer for just over a year now. I did my Level 3 education and training certificate at a local college. Once I had this qualification I came up with my course, manuals and all my content including lesson plans etc etc, and got my courses accredited by ABT insurance. Hope this helps.

Hiya! I have been a trainer for just over a year now. I did my Level 3 education and training certificate at a local college. Once I had this qualification I came up with my course, manuals and all my content including lesson plans etc etc, and got my courses accredited by ABT insurance. Hope this helps.

Thanks for your reply! I love that idea, much more than training through an existing hair company. Can set own standard then. Will look into that level 3 course local to me.

Morning,

What area are you based in?

Thanks

Millie

We offer a tutor course and one of our Insurance Companies offer public Liability Cover to our students so that they can teach hair extensions.

We offer a tutor course and one of our Insurance Companies offer public Liability Cover to our students so that they can teach hair extensions.
Sounds good. Can you send me some more info please? I will pm you my email address.
Thank you

Hi Nietta I was wondering if you could possibly help me!

Did you need to be hairdresser qualified or just extension qualified to become accredited and did you need to have a proper "academy" venue to be able to become accredited with ABT or can you be a mobile trainer?

Also, I would love to know how long it took you to become accredited! Thanks for your time and help x

Latest posts

Back