Hair extensions training

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

louise0121

Reaction score
Hi I am a qualified Hair Extension provider and I have been trained for over 10 years in Fusion, Micro Rings & Micro Ring Weft. However, the most popular methods I fit at the moment are Micro Rings and Braidless Weaves. Over the years there have been new techniques/methods of hair extensions that have come onto the market such as Nano rings, La Weave, Tape etc. I am able to fit all of these due to experience and in my opinion all of these 'new' methods are just variations of the basic 3 types of fittings.. e.g. glue, rings or weft. I have just done my level 3 ptlls course in order to be able to teach all the hair & Beauty I am qualified in. My question is, do I actually need to be qualified in all of the exact methods to be able to certificate others, does my hair extension qualification cover me to do all methods? For instance, I'm qualified in micro rings but I want to teach nano rings which is basically the same thing? I do a lot of weave fittings currently but Im not trained in weaves but I am in Micro ring weft, slightly different but same principal? why would I need to pay to qualify in a course for this? I feel like I know the answer from a technical point of view but if anyone knows the official answer and/if there is a way to get around this please help. I have seen weave courses online for as little as £50 but I feel a little insulted to be given a certificate by someone who is not as experienced or even as good as me lol along with the fact I will need at least 12months experience from the date of certification before I could teach it. I have seen so many awful fittings come into my shop recently for weaves that Im amazed these people are actually trained. Louise x

Well depending on how long you’ve done these services you might get away with it. I know for makeup artists they can be self taught and do certified training but I’m sure there’s something in place that says you actively must be performing that trade for 3 years but to be honest you be best going to the training provider you plan on getting your course certified by and double checking with them xx

Thank you, yes that might be an idea? Its such a sketchy area because Im mixed race and weaves have always traditionally been an afro caribbean method until recent years, I dont know anyone around me who is qualified to do this because its always been a thing youve learnt through friends n family etc and adapted to your own style of fitting. So who originally invented it to own the rights on certifying it and saying what is the proper way? Its only La weave and now the new Hidden weave that are patented methods so that makes sense.. but the method I do is self taught and Ive being doing it years before 'La Weave' came out.. in fact, im probably owed millions for them stealing my technique and running to the 'trademark office' without me realising I was onto a goldmine if I'd done it myself lols

Latest posts

Back