Hair extensions?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hayley865

Reaction score
Hi everyone, just want some advice on extensions.

I am going to do a training course this year, hopefully just a 1 day course and want to start offering extensions in my salon. I need a good course as lately I've heard some horror stories on awful extensions and clients demanding refunds etc. so I want it to be good quality hair and good training. But I have no idea about them!

Are the micro loop one's (no glue no heat etc?) best to train for?

Where do you buy your hair from?

How to advertise? All I can think is banners for the salon window, leaflets and online websites.. but I want it to bring enough trade in.

I see online you can earn 1000+ a week from fitting extensions, does this REALLY happen? Would love it if floods of people wanted extensions but in a year in my salon business I've only had 1 person ask for them!! So where are these people getting their clients from?

Would love to hear your thoughts and advice

Thanks
xx

I don't do them but you could get an a board if your in a area with high footfall, keep it basic with something like "we now do hair extensions, starting at £x", you could print off the brand's logo to go in the frame to show them the brand, I don't know how it would be done but maybe even put a piece of hair there for people to feel.
Maybe have a leaflet dispenser attached so people can read up on it in their own time.
Do you have block heads with decent face's? Can you not cut and colour one then apply extensions to one side and leave the other to show how well blended they are and how much of a change you can make? Try putting it on a stand outside with leaflets re have a leaflet printed super size single sided, paste it on a tube or card and wrap it around the base?

Ooh I like my own idea, for any kind of unusual advertising print off the leaflet super sized, ( about 5ft high) , then fold it like a price list if it is one, and put it outside. It would be like a prop from honey I shrunk the kids lol xoxo

Hey hunni, id really do research on here- and google. As people aren't allowed to bad mouth companies on here so may not be totally open with how bad some are...
I used an awful company after reading both great and awful reviews. £500 later and i still haven't received my certificate and i am practically stalking them trying to get a response from them lol...

really worth going with a company with good feedback.

I find about 50% of my clients from my fb page and also gumtree and the rest from word of mouth. xxx

Latest posts

Back