Hair extensions

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marie@8473

Reaction score

Last edited:
Welcome to the forum.

Evening… please be kind 😊
I’ve been a hairdresser for about 16 years and been doing extensions approx 4years and have a great returning clientele.

I’m having such a hard time with this client, my anxiety has gone crazy..I’ve lost 1/2 stone and not slept a full night in 2weeks I’m finding it so stressful.
… I have learned a very hard lesson along the way. (Client to Sign a client consultation form)
I’m hoping for some advice how best to go forward with my situation.
This lady came to me for hair extensions in August (2nd)
We did a hour consultation the week before, please don’t judge.. never got her to sign the consultation form.
She came back 4weeks later for a blowdry all extensions seemed fine.
She then came back 3weeks again all still looking fine.
I reminded client at this appointment she needs to think about coming back and get the extensions re-beeded during the blowdry service.

She called me a couple of weeks later and booked an appointment- family member called the morning of the appointment to say she would be attending she was ill.

She then called a couple of weeks later to arrange another appointment/“-she didn’t show up..
She called later in the day to say she had slept in.
Heard nothing from her again untill December 21st called asking for another appointment that day… or the following day.. I said I didn’t have any left - she then told me her extensions were matted and she had lost a couple the week before.. she was very cross and asked me what I had done to her.. i offered her to come in at 2pm that same but she never came again.
Her family member called me In January and asked for an appointment for her-and she did come in this day.
I worked on her hair for 3.5hrs removing extensions and matting’s out.
Towards the end of her blowdry she called her family member to come to collect her… once her family member came in to the salon, she started ranting /swearing at me telling me the hair loss was my fault. Stating I was unprofessional (it wasn’t a huge amount of hair loss as she was claiming it to be) her behaviour was becoming more, more erratic. Picking up random bits of shedded hair throwing it around shouting is this normal.
I was working in the salon alone this day, it was horrendous, I was so nervous! her adult son waking up and down as she was shouting at me for 20mins.
She walked out with out paying,,, which wasn't a huge concern, I was so intimated and concerned I was on my own & really just wanted them to leave. I found the whole thing overwhelming.

since keep calling my mobile at times like 10pm in the evening also other family members are also now sending messages asking for my certificate of qualifications and I’ve asked them to come into the salon to view them, and asked them to call the salon line number because I would prefer to limit communication from my personal Mobile phone number.
I had tried to help
In December once she told me
The extensions were matting but she didn’t come in, I’m not quite sure what else I could have done. I hadn’t seen or heard from her for months I assumed she had got someone else to remove them. I’m so passionate about hair, and love my work, I feel I’m getting the blame for something that is out of my control.

I realise I’ve made a huge mistake by not getting a signature on the consultation so please don’t judge me on this I’m already having such a hard time with everything that is going on..
The whole thing is making me a nervous wreck.
Please some advice would be appreciated so much 🙏x
I don't have any advice but I'm so sorry you had gone through this. Sounds like a total nightmare. Stay strong.

Sorry that your going through this, despite the consultation form not being signed, you have reported on the 2 occasions that she came in that the extensions were fine. I presume when she came in for those appointments you asked her how she was getting on with it and offered her further after care advise. She obviously didn’t look after it at the point that she fell ill. I don’t think you could do anymore. Maybe invite her back and go through a step by step consultation again and get her to sign an after care consultation form???? So sorry that you’re going through this. It is awful that they can do that.

Sorry that your going through this, despite the consultation form not being signed, you have reported on the 2 occasions that she came in that the extensions were fine. I presume when she came in for those appointments you asked her how she was getting on with it and offered her further after care advise. She obviously didn’t look after it at the point that she fell ill. I don’t think you could do anymore. Maybe invite her back and go through a step by step consultation again and get her to sign an after care consultation form???? So sorry that you’re going through this. It is awful that they can do that.
Thankyou, for your reassuring words😊
of course both occasions when she returned for blowdry service, amongst other things we chatted about aftercare and the 2nd one I reminded her she would need to make an appointment to replace the beads..

I’ve given my self a good shake 🫨
I feel nothing more I could of done,
im not going to let this situation overwhelm me anymore, or be intimidated or harassed…,
I’ve learnt a few lesson’s along the way..

Don’t take people at face value and cover all potential possibilities at the start (sign consultation)
& don’t let people take advantage of your good nature!
Thanks for reading 🫶

I don't have any advice but I'm so sorry you had gone through this. Sounds like a total nightmare. Stay strong.
Thankyou for reading & responding, means a lot 🫶

Latest posts

Back