Hair from hell, help!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

frizzyone

Reaction score
Hi,

I am naturally a red head..or more of a strawberry red\carrot orange.
I hate my own hair color. It doesn't suit me at all. Im 26 years today and i started coloring my hair since i was 14. My hair is totally destroyed and at the moment i color my hair blond.

My hair was normally very curly but since i have destroyed my hair from coloring it for years and not to mention straightening it for years. I wake up everyday and it looks like i have a messy bird nest on my hair..it doesn't matter if i put my hair up when i sleep i still wake up with hair from hell. not to mention that i have to put in water to it or shower each day so i can put it up in a bun again as i don't want to send 30 min straightening it every morning.

I have medium long hair and i don't wanna go short as my face is round. Long look the best on me. I have the problem that every time i go to the hair dresser my hair looks good in 2 days and after that my hair gets frizzy again..i mean MEGA frizzy..like nothing you have ever seen before. If i could i would shave it all off and do a Britney to make it grow out normally but i cant so im in need of suggestions what to do with it.

people have started to commenting on my hair looking frizzy and i can see it in pictures taken of me. I wanna stay blond but how can i do that without destroying my hair?

anyone with the same issue? anyone who have any good advise on how i could get a normal hair like everyone else has?

many thanks in advance!

Last edited by a moderator:
Firstly you need a good shampoo and conditioner, hard to say without looking at your hair but probably a protein based one. No naff boots stuff. I have to say when people are natural red heads i always think thats the colour that looks best on them

Sent from my SM-G900F using SalonGeek mobile app

Hi,

I am naturally a red head..or more of a strawberry red\carrot orange.
I hate my own hair color. It doesn't suit me at all. Im 26 years today and i started coloring my hair since i was 14. My hair is totally destroyed and at the moment i color my hair blond.

My hair was normally very curly but since i have destroyed my hair from coloring it for years and not to mention straightening it for years. I wake up everyday and it looks like i have a messy bird nest on my hair..it doesn't matter if i put my hair up when i sleep i still wake up with hair from hell. not to mention that i have to put in water to it or shower each day so i can put it up in a bun again as i don't want to send 30 min straightening it every morning.

I have medium long hair and i don't wanna go short as my face is round. Long look the best on me. I have the problem that every time i go to the hair dresser my hair looks good in 2 days and after that my hair gets frizzy again..i mean MEGA frizzy..like nothing you have ever seen before. If i could i would shave it all off and do a Britney to make it grow out normally but i cant so im in need of suggestions what to do with it.

people have started to commenting on my hair looking frizzy and i can see it in pictures taken of me. I wanna stay blond but how can i do that without destroying my hair?

anyone with the same issue? anyone who have any good advise on how i could get a normal hair like everyone else has?

many thanks in advance!

I'm a red head too and also get this problem, last year I gave my straighteners a break for few months and just put my hair in a plait, I stopped using conditioner and used argan oil instead and my hair is in the best condition it had been in years.

Why stop using conditioner? :/

It sounds dry, but without seeing it I can't say for sure. Is it difficult to brush? And/or tangle easily?

Have you ever had deep conditioning type treatments? I am naturally copper myself and after spending 7 years constantly having it lightened and toned I gave in and went back warm. It needed a lot of nourishment and trims after that. Perhaps your hairdresser could recommend a nourishing/moisturising treatment? And even a good quality shampoo and conditioner as a previous post suggested?

As a natural redhead myself, and having 2 gorgeous redheaded daughters, I am obviously going to be bias.....LEARN TO LOVE YOUR RED HAIR :biggrin:
How about keeping it red, but with a balayage....that will soften it a tad, without ruining the condition.
Regarding the Frizz, have you tried a Keratin blow-dry?

I agree with beautybyleigh about argan oil. After my hair was damaged by concentrated radiotherapy treatment I was recommended that I use a hair repair treatment - Pro Naturals. I use the Argan Oil leave in treatment prior to blow drying and styling my hair, even now even though my hair is completely restored. I have to add that your choice of blow dryer and hair styling iron plays a big part as well.

Why stop using conditioner? :/

I read a few forums about conditioner not being that good for your hair my hair did look really dull, I hadn't dyed it for over ten years and used so many brands of conditioner and leave in ones and nothing made any lasting change.

After I stopped my hair is shiny and feels nice to touch, I only bought the cheap £2 argan oil which lasts 6 weeks so it's worked out well all round :)

Oh right thw right one will be good for your hair x

you need a good moisturising and repairing shampoo and conditioner/mask, none of this supermarket crap. a proper brand from a proper salon. yes they are expensive but they do the job!

you need to shop bleaching your hair (i am assuming bleach as your hair is dry and your blonde)

do you colour yours hair yourself or at the salon?
if you do it yourself please don't over lap your colour, this does not help!

dont straighten your hair so often! yes its difficult but again thats really bad for your hair! do you use a heat protector? may i suggest some Moroccan oil? you can get it for like £30... yes expensive, mine lasts me about a year! thats really good and really smooths my hair out as I too suffer with frizzy hair. maybe eve try some moroccan oil shampoo and mask treatment? they are very moisturising

also... a good cut.. not all off! but a good trim, then keep up to date every 6 weeks, this will really help

Latest posts

Back