Hair | Jamilla Paul Extends International Role In The Gulf

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Ed.

Reaction score
Jamilla Paul’s role as visiting International VIP Hair Artist to the United Arab Emirates’ most prestigious salon is being transformed and extended due to unprecedented demand for her award-winning services by the country’s elite.

Jamilla joined Glamour Hair in Abu Dhabi last August as educator and hair artist; agreeing to fly out to the UAE capital every eight weeks. But she has quickly become one of the country’s leading hairdressers, with the weight of demand requiring a more equal split of her time between Britain and the UAE. Much of her new role will involve servicing the top ranks of UAE society as well as taking VIP appointments in the salon.

Glamour Hair is an exclusive salon in Abu Dhabi, servicing the wealthy and fashionable within the Gulf state. Opened in 2010, it swiftly made a name for itself as a luxury destination salon and has since opened a second salon, with a third already in the pipeline.

"I loved Glamour Hair Salon the minute I stepped foot in the door," says Jamilla, who initially went out there to open up her first Jewel Bar franchise in the salon. "I was very keen to get involved in developing its services and its team, but little did I image it would become such a huge part of my life. It means a lot of travelling, but I love that."

Jamilla still owns three salons in Littleborough and Rochdale, on the edge of Manchester, which will continue to be managed by her existing senior team, some of whom have been with Jamilla for more than 15 years.

She also continues as a platform artist for Wella, both in the UK and in the Gulf.

"Straddling both worlds can only help me grow as a hairdressers and educator. It will be such an enriching experience for me and my team, who will often come out with me to Abu Dhabi," she said. "It’s a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity and I couldn’t turn it down. But I genuinely believe it will be great for the industry. British hairdressers are still recognised as the best in the world."

Until then...geek on!

The Ed.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-03-05 at 18.23.30.jpg
    Screen Shot 2015-03-05 at 18.23.30.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 67

Latest posts

Back