Hair pricing

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Muza101

Reaction score
Currently doing my training in a salon and doing homers in spare time as I love hair , how much roughly should I be charging for my services as I'm not fully qualified , thanks

What do you charge now?

I've just started doing so only done a couple , I done a bleach wash t bar highlights and tint in between for £30 , ( correcting from red) , was thinking something like £20 t bar, £25 half head £35 full head , incl toner , then about £25 for tints obviously I don't want to be charging loads as I'm not qualified yet but I know I'm good at what I do

I've been using rusk colour so it only costs about £7 for 100ml, sometimes don't need a full tube

I've just started doing so only done a couple , I done a bleach wash t bar highlights and tint in between for £30 , ( correcting from red) , was thinking something like £20 t bar, £25 half head £35 full head , incl toner , then about £25 for tints obviously I don't want to be charging loads as I'm not qualified yet but I know I'm good at what I do

I'd say £40 full head foils, £35 half and £25 t-section incl toner and cbd. Extra £15 for colour in-between (more if hair is longer/thicker)

£20 for roots.

£18 cut and finish.

£10 blowdry.

The cheaper your prices are the more clients you'll attract however sometimes you'll attract the wrong type of clients who'll turn their nose up and scoff when its time for them to pay more because you've put your prices up!

Realistically a bleach cleanse with T-section foils and backdrop should be costing them about £70 at junior prices.

All id say is be careful really, sometimes when you set somthing so cheap its very hard to put it up afterwards when you build a relationship with that client ( i still have people im doing major colour changes on for £30.00 8 years later because 'i feel bad') if your confident then dont belittle yourself. the client is clearly aware your still a 'trainee', dont belittle yourself! i think your prices are okay but realistically youve colour corrected someones hair, thats got to have taken at least 2-3 hours, youve bleach bathed it, dried it off, applied your highlights ill presume you used bleach again for that, and then a tint inbetween?probably tones the highlights after if that was red hair, got to have cost at least £15/20 in products? im guessing you probably cut it and dried it off to? so thats then like 3.50-5.00 per hour for your hard work? try break it down like that.. should have charged her at least 50/60 and that still being REALLY reasonable for a 'trainee' at home! xxx

I should defo of charged her more but I 'felt bad' because it was my Auntys friend and she paid £40.00 previously for shit and I had to fix it for her, as I was putting a tint in between the foils I just merged it all together whilst rinsing to kind of tone the highlights , so I only really spent about £7.00 on her as I already had tubs of bleach peroxide etc .. It took me about 4 hours to do also[emoji23][emoji24]

Latest posts

Back