Hair product help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smallandcute

Reaction score
hello lovely hair geeks. please can i have some help.

ok so i usually never bother with my hair, its a case of it gets washed a couple of times a week leave to dry then tied up. however i now really want to start making an effort with my hair. i use the joico products as i do like them but am happy to try other pro brands as well so im open to all suggestions. but what i really need help with is all the different types of products! #confused.

so can someone give a little description of each type of product for me and what hair type it suits best. obvs i know what hair spray is and masks and oil but thats about it!!!!! bad i know but what can i say im a real skin geek but really want to start taking far better care of my hair.

Goodness me we'd be here all day listing every product :)
Give us a bit more info on your hair please, is it split? Dry? Oily? Fine? Thick? Curly? Poker straight? What do you want to achieve?

You're doing.good already by not killing it with 220 degree slabs of Teflon coated metal lol

Thanks khs

I dont really know its normal i would say as i was it two to three times a week. Its coloured and just past my collar bone. It has a frizzy bit at the back otherwise its quite kinky/wavy. I just want my hair to look smooth and with volume as it always looks flat and i want it to look and feel thicker/smoother.

Just bumping this for help

the Tigi queen for a day thickening spray is really good, i usually use that with the superstar blowdry lotion, my hair's quite wavy/frizzy and it definitely helps tame it!

Sounds like you need a proper layered cut to bring lift to curls @ root. Moisture for curls as they are always dry. Towel blot after conditioning, only brush with vent brush in shower with conditioner in it to detangle. Scrunch in a leave in curl cream like TIGI Catwalk curls rock or Moroccan oil curl cream after towel blotting let dry naturally. Break up product by flipping head over and blow dry on lo air lo heat using fingers to scrunch and get roots dry for ropey thick curls. It took me years to learn my curly hair routine sounds like you need more tips like these over product usage.

I dont have curly hair though i just said it was kinky/wavy and i like it smooth and shiney with volume at the roots

Latest posts

Back