Hair salon with no gas supply

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

swilks12

Reaction score
Hi guys im just after your advice I am in the process of taking on a hair and beauty salon but the salon isnt connected to a gas supply, do any of you work with this set up and your only energy supply is electric? There is an electric shower for washing the hair but no other hot water supply.

I know that it will be a fortune to get a gas installation so dont really want to go down that route.

Any advice/experiences greatly appreciated! TIA

I don't have gas. I have a salon master boiler system for my hot water and it works fine.

My shop has no gas

Hi!! I have an electric shower for the backwash and one of those hot water suppliers for the sink in the toilet then it's just a kettle and cold water in the kitchen for washing dishes!!

My set up is same as Joe :)

Mine too! Only down side for me is heating in winter, electric much more expensive to run, I had a wall mounted air/con/ heater fitted to the wall which I was told was a little more economical.

Mine is electric also, I have a good sized electric boiler system.

We're all electric x

My shop didnt have gas and the salon i rent a chair at now dosnt have gas either.we used electric showers and radiators but the salon i am in now uses calor gas fires (you would need to look into that to make sure your salon has appropriate ventilation for this though)

Thanks for all your replies. I didnt realise you could get electric boilers, do you need a water tank for that? And does it mean you can have hot water if you do it this way?

Think of things like electric showers that heat water as you use it, or an immersion switch on a water tank. There isn't even gas in our village let alone in our salon [emoji15]

Think of things like electric showers that heat water as you use it, or an immersion switch on a water tank. There isn't even gas in our village let alone in our salon [emoji15]
No gas in the village! :eek:

Hi is this quite easy to install?
Yeah I think they can organise fitting for you if you want but my hubby has his own building company so did all my salon fit out for me & care of it all.

Thanks for all your replies. I didnt realise you could get electric boilers, do you need a water tank for that? And does it mean you can have hot water if you do it this way?

You don't need a water tank, well I don't have one anyway.

I'm in the process of getting my salon ready to open in October I have opted for just electricity. So for the back basins I have a shower and in the kitchen area underneath hidden in the cupboard under the sink is a unvented cylinder which is 15litres it will provide the kitchen and the bathroom sink with hot water.

Latest posts

Back