Hair | The Stylist Who Gives Up His Sunday To Give Homeless Haircuts

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Ed.

Reaction score
There aren't many people who are willing to give up their only day off a week to help those less fortunate than themselves but 30-year-old Mark Bustos, who can normally be found chopping high-profile hair at Three Square Studio in New York City, has dedicated his free time to giving haircuts to the homeless.

Following a trip to visit family in the Philippines when he rented a barber's chair and gave haircuts to local children, he returned to the USA desperate to continue helping others. He explains, "The feeling was so rewarding, I decided to bring the positive energy back to NYC."

Bustos simply wanders around the city and offers haircuts to those homeless in public places where there are a lot of people around. His intention is not just to help the homeless but also to raise awareness. He wants people to see him doing it, not so that he can get the credit, but so that they can't ignore these human beings sitting on the street.

One client, Jemar Banks, remained mostly silent until seeing his new style, and his reaction was priceless. Bustos said, "I showed him what he looked like when I was done … The first thing he said to me was, ‘Do you know anyone that’s hiring?’"

You can follow Bustos on his journey through his Instagram account.

Until then...geek on!

The Ed.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-08-19 at 14.33.25.jpg
    Screen Shot 2014-08-19 at 14.33.25.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 81

Latest posts

Back