Hair up

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

donna hair

Reaction score
I've not done hair up for ages has anyone got any tips or links for any styles?

The easier the better.

I stopped offering this service because i'm not very confident in it, but its something i really want to offer.

I do my own but get nervous with other peoples especially if its for a wedding

Im liking all the hair pieces u can now get for hair up although havent tryed them yet im dying to do one just need a client to get married lol
I like curling hair with my ghds then just pinning bits up ! Easy to do and clients love it x

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

Hi have you thought about doing a course in hair up I know salon services and capital offer this maybe worth a look x

The biggest thing with updo is a good foundation to stick pins into, the rest is piecing and placing, play around give free updo to friends till your comfortable

Get your block and play about, that's the best to start with, then as confidence grows ask friends to let you practice, and for them to leave it in style all day to see if your styling lasts an average day of wind and movement.
Gentle back combing and curling are your best friend with hair up, I rarely do hair up without curling It first then
Straighten any bits out once it's pinned up if it's too curly.
There are loads of courses out there, so give them a go.
I also use a lot of wire and wire forms in my hair up, it makes te impossible possible, so play about with it. And practice bridal hair, but don't offer it until you are extremely confident in your skills and te hair stays up for the whole day for friends. Xoxo

Get on you tube and type in Lilith moon amazing easy up styles that she does on herself. Also buy some Patrick cameron books they have the basics in and you can develop from there xx

Latest posts

Back