hairdressers hourly rate

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

haircaz

Reaction score
hi there, im opening a salon but don't know what wage to pay a hairdresser thats just quaifed

I would start her off on minimum wage with a review after 6 months.. If she has built up a good clientelle and is bringing money in then you can raise it. Just make sure if she does turn out to be a good earner that you reflect this in her wage or else you may lose her to a rival salon... And her clientele xxxx

Forgot to say.. Offer a commission on her retail sales etc as an opportunity to improve her wage xx
I'm sure others will be along soon with some more ideas too xx

thanks for your reply xx

the hairdressers in our salon get min wage then commission once they have reached a target amount (depending on the hrs they work- they have to take their weekly wage b4 they get commission 10%

so a 20 yr old gets £4.92 per hr and if they do 2 blows in an hour then they have an hrly rate of £8.92 (£4 commission)

this is beneficial to use both, as when have more say than some one who is renting a chair but also the hairdressers are motivated to work!!

hope that makes sense!!

£4.92 an hour? that isn't even minimum wage...

I would start her off on minimum wage with a review after 6 months.. If she has built up a good clientelle and is bringing money in then you can raise it. Just make sure if she does turn out to be a good earner that you reflect this in her wage or else you may lose her to a rival salon... And her clientele xxxx

Just realised I kept saying 'she' lol
If the stylist in question is a male I'm sorry haha!!!

4.92 is the minimum wage for under 21. I think it's shocking how little some places pay hourly.

thats shocking! :eek:

jujojones

how do you get commission on wages?

Latest posts

Back