Hairdressers - what do you love/hate/want more of?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I have a interview with a large hair colour & care products company this Friday and have been asked to include some feedback directly from salons!
This will massively help me if I am lucky enough to get the job, so your feedback is really important and very much appreciated!!

So I have a couple of questions for you....

1. What are your likes and dislikes of hair companies/reps?

2. What needs do you/your salon have that you feel your rep/hair company doesn't fulfil?

Once again thank you, I can't wait to see what you all say.

Thanks

Kimberley

Hello everyone,

I have a interview with a large hair colour & care products company this Friday and have been asked to include some feedback directly from salons!
This will massively help me if I am lucky enough to get the job, so your feedback is really important and very much appreciated!!

So I have a couple of questions for you....

1. What are your likes and dislikes of hair companies/reps?

2. What needs do you/your salon have that you feel your rep/hair company doesn't fulfil?

Once again thank you, I can't wait to see what you all say.

Thanks

Kimberley

I like that my current rep has taken time to get to know my business & where I'm at financially, there was no pressure to order a large amount to start up

Other reps have gotten shirty with me when I say x amount of thousands is too much money for me to outlay

If I could change anything I'd like to be able to buy the products / colours cheaper than at the warehouses, it's pretty much the same prices.

On the whole I really like my rep tho

Thank you for your feedback Kahuna hair!
Yes I believe your right about their not being much if any difference in price. Does the expertise that you get from your rep/educator make up for it though and does it not save you time if you don't have to go to the wholesaler?

Thank you for your feedback Kahuna hair!
Yes I believe your right about their not being much if any difference in price. Does the expertise that you get from your rep/educator make up for it though and does it not save you time if you don't have to go to the wholesaler?

Not an awful lot of expertise from my particular rep I don't think he's ever been a hairdresser, but if I need to know something he'd find out for me, it dosent save me time to buy from the rep, I wait 2 days for it to be delivered, I can drive 10 mins to the nearest warehouse, I like the fact that I can order from the company and pay on invoice tho, I get a fair while to pay, you don't normally get that in my local warehouse lol I also like the marketing materials that come when ordering through a rep you don't really get that at a warehouse either

I liked that one of my reps used to be a hairdresser. She was helpful. And gave amazing discount.
I dislike them popping in randomly. Make an appointment with me!!

Not making an appointment. I've only seen one of my reps once in 12 months despite the facts he's apparently in the area every 4 weeks.

I also dislike ordering in 6s!!

I'm a small salon with just me atm. I can't sell 5 of the same product particularly quickly. They end up taking space. Id like a mix and match.

Thanks Tori!
Can I ask who is your current hair product supplier and what you would rate them out of 5?
Not seeing your rep isn't great, is there anything they do do that you like? Do they have industry expertise? Understand your business? Give you free product samples? What would make your current supplier better?

Thank you xx

I have 3 reps atm.
One from L'Oreal, one from salon supplies and one from salon concepts.

L'Oreal I would rate 4. He does give me quite a few freebies (combs, posters) and as much discount as he can.
Salon supplies 3. She has industry experience.
And salon concept 2. As I've only seen him once!

The L'Oreal rep books so I can actually talk about current deals in more depth.

The salon concept rep sends emails regularly.

And salon supplies rep is on fb and keeps updating current deals on there.

L'Oreal rep has best understanding of my business. He's pretty good. Isn't too pushy. Although he's a typical sales rep. Fake laugh. Awkward chit chat!

Very rarely receive freebies.
I had to order 6 oils to have a free one to use at the station.
It would be nice to have one for a few weeks to try without having to spend out f irst!

Thank you Tori! That's really helpful! xx

I would really appreciate some more feedback from any hairdressers and salon owners!

I need to know...

Who your current supplier(s) is and what you would rate them in a scale of 1-5?

What you like about your supplier/rep?

What's important to you / your business that you get from your supplier/rep?

What you would like more of / what would make your current supplier better?

Thank you in advance 😊 xx

I would really appreciate some more feedback from any hairdressers and salon owners!

I need to know...

Who your current supplier(s) is and what you would rate them in a scale of 1-5?

What you like about your supplier/rep?

What's important to you / your business that you get from your supplier/rep?

What you would like more of / what would make your current supplier better?

Thank you in advance 😊 xx

Wella I rate them 5
My rep is nice, and the company deliver quickly
I don't feel I need more of anything although I would like free samples to try of stuff!

Hi there,
I'm a L'Oreal salon, and I would rate my rep a 5.
I have known him many years, he is friendly and chatty, without being pushy.
I love L'Oreal products, although they are not quite as generous with their promotional material as they used to be.
I would also like the option of buying less of certain retail product's, rather than having to always buy in groups of 6.
Good Luck with the interview, hope this helps! :)

I hate the fact clients are able to buy products from the wholesaler. They are meant to be professional only

Unfortunately some wholesalers are like that others are strict trade only, they'll only go and get it off amazon or eBay anyway, I wish there was a product range that was litterally actually exclusive to salons :/

Latest posts

Back