Hairtalk tape in extensions, need to be hairdresser?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Monika

Reaction score
Hi Ladies,

Looking for some advice. I have noticed how popular tape in extensions have become. Ive seen a lot of people raving about the HAIRTALK extensions. I do spray tanning atm and am not a hair dresser so wondered if this is something I could add to my range? I'm guessing when you apply the extensions, they then need to be cut and coloured properly so that's something I couldn't do :( I'm just looking into doing something apart from tanning (and nails, lashes - as my friends do these) anything you can suggest?

Many thanks <3

Hi monika, belle and oakley offer training courses for extensions, you dont need to be a hairdresser to train with them.
Extensions you don't colour, you match them to the persons hair using the colour ring swatches

Never heard of hairtalk before sorry

Thanks Ladies. I have read a few threads about extensions now and WOW. A lot of hairdressers are not pleased about the fact anyone can go and train to do extensions. I partially agree that its hard to have any knowledge on something you trained a day for. But isn't it all about practise? Anyway.. I have also realised, that to do extensions, they need cutting to shape and length don't they?

Yes your best to do a cutting course but most courses will do that with you x

when I did my course at Belle there was someone who wasn't a hairdresser who definitely struggled. Maybe do a course before hand.

Latest posts

Back