Having wisdom teeth out on Friday

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had 2 of mine pulled at different times but just done with a local in the docs office. The first one was fine in a couple days, really no pain or sweeling. The second one I had pulled a few years ago and the doc pulled it while it was infected and it took 2 weeks for the pain to stop and I lived on 8 vicodin a day for the pain plus antiobiotics. That was rare for it to be that bad, I didn't know it was infected, but surely the doc should have known that :eek:.

Good luck to you. :hug:

Thanks for all your replies!

I had my top 2 out at the dentist last year and that was bad couldn't eat for about 4 days!
my dentist wont touch bottom wisdom teeth so i have to go to hospital to have out.
A week off work sounds good but the pain doesn't!
i will let you no how i get on!

Thanks for all your replies!

I had my top 2 out at the dentist last year and that was bad couldn't eat for about 4 days!
my dentist wont touch bottom wisdom teeth so i have to go to hospital to have out.
A week off work sounds good but the pain doesn't!
i will let you no how i get on!

Do you smoke? If you do leave it 24 hrs after removeal to smoke again, else you'll get what's called a dry socket....i've seen many of these after an extraction whilst nursing...it's so painful, it can reduce a grown man to tears. hot salty mouth washes ballooned over the area are good to keep it nice and clean too.

you'll be fine xxx

No I dont smoke so thats one good thing!
I'm still petrified but hopefully i will be ok!

Hi have seen many wisdom extractions in my years in dentristy everyone different, I was terrified when it came to have mine out because i knew what they were doing and using but it was absolutly fine 2 on one day and the other 2 the other side the next . Just keep the socket clean ,you don't smoke even better and stay of alcohol and your be fine last thing you want is an infected socket:cry: I'm sure it will be fine take care Michelle:hug:
My sister had her wisdom tooth out Monday no problems:)

I'm a complete baby when it comes to the dentist. I had to have one wisdom tooth out and I was totally cacking it. When it actually happened I had gas and air and I didn't feel a thing. Not even a pull!! If you can get them to give you gas and air - it's fantastic!Good Luck with it all x

Latest posts

Back