HD brow question!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Xbeautyx

Reaction score
Im seriously thinking of booking myself on the hd brow training course but its a lot of money. I'll be doing this at home mainly in my beauty room but would also be offering it at the salon i work at. Can anyone whos trained in hd brows tell me pro's and con's of investing in this service. If anyone can suggest any other brand I'd appreciate that too. Im hoping by doing this i can upsell a standard eyebrow shape n tint and gain better reputation by offering the latest brands.

I would look in to other brands. I find people will ask for HD but not necessarily the brand it's just they want the look. If you have trained with another company you will probably be doing the same steps and getting the same look and it will have cost you maybe a third of the price for training. For example Flirties precision brows same steps, same look but hell of a lot cheaper for training. I just don't agree with forking out a fortune for a name when it's the process your training in.

I do defined brows. I think the outcome is s great look. Combing threading wazing tweezing and tinting really does make a material difference to the overall look.

Try looking in your area for defined brow course the principle is exactly the same. The only prerequisite I had was to complete a threading course prior and so glad I did.

Maintenance is every 3 -4 weeks for the client to keep the overall look, so is profitable. If you are already providing eyebrow services going this route will mean no additional layout on material and you can achieve the exact same look as hd.

Hope this helps
Sara

I personally do not think its worth the money and would advise you to look into a cheaper alternative.

I have just put one of my staff members on a course.
It's worth every penny. Everyone wants it done as they know the brand.

Yes there is other companies out there that do similar, but people will ask for HD. You can't say yes you do them If trained with someone else, even if they are similar. Xx

Absolutely worth the money. I trained 3 years ago and I have a waiting list of people wanting treatments. Advertised half price HD for 3 weeks after I qualified and made the course money back in that time x

People ask for it by name, they want the brand, I'll give them the brand!
Really easy to retail too, most first time clients buy a product. I try to retail more pencils than palettes because the pallets seem to last about 2 years

For all the girls HD trained, have you stopped doing normal standard brow shapes and or tints? Is it purely HD brows you now offer?
I'm booked on the course in Milton Keynes next week and was just wondering?
Thanks in advance

I still do them because people still want them - but not on HD clients.
Money wise it doesn't make much difference to me what they have. I've out the tint and tidy at £17 and that's a 15 min apt, the HD is a 45 min apt and I charge £32 (was £30 when I was a stylist but now I am a master stylist x

Thanks ever so much for ur reply Gina Ballerina X I can't wait to get started

Stacey - you should still offer waxes and tints, not everyone will want HD. We offer all of them at salon

How far will you be travelling? Are you getting a hotel/bnb? If you're getting accommodation, get 2 nights. I wished I had. You learn so much, I was so tired. I regretted getting up early that morning to travel there. Would have been so much better that I'd got there the night before so I was fresh and ready to learn, was struggling by end of day.

Hi S&G beauty bar, thanks for the advice I really appreciate it.
I am planning to drive from Birmingham and back, I don't really like staying away from the family if I can help it, sat nav says an hour & half drive, mayb I should stay over then...Im in two minds now

I would stay if I were you, it's really a lot to learn (I stupidly thought because I had been a bt for years there wouldn't be) you don't want to get up super early and then stress getting stuck in traffic and you will have some homework. I stayed at Jury's Inn last time, it's only a 10 min or so drive and I think it was about £50

Honestly Stacey, stay. It'll take longer than that with the morning traffic.

It's a full days learning, it was a long time since I've done a full days learning, so you'll be surprised how tiring it'll be.

You will have homework to do that night, so you won't just be able to crash. I didn't get enough sleep, which meant I was tired the second day too. I really regretted not getting a hotel for 2 nights.

I didn't manage to take everything in because I was so tired. And as the course is so expensive, you really want to get them most out of it!!

I wasn't coming from as far as Birmingham, and I struggled. A lot of the other girls had booked 2 nights.

It's such a huge investment, you may as well invest that little bit of extra time in yourself xx

Thanks Gina Ballerina, I'm going to book a hotel, S&G beauty bar...did u stay at the jury's inn too? I want a hotel that's as close as possible

It was a long time ago. I wanted the closest too. Might of been holiday inn express, as it's less than a mile away and minutes in the car

Ok brill, thanks so much for all the info S&G beauty bar! xx

No worries, just glad you're going to get the full benefit. It's a great course, you'll love it! The training facility is really professional too.

The salon I'm at, it's only me and the owner who are HD trained. The other 3 beauticians aren't HD trained. So they do the salons own version, but it doesn't cost as much, and they don't get new people coming through the door purely for that treatment.

The owner has now moved onto semi-permanent make up and tattooing eyebrows. I'm going to do the microblading training soon. I'm so glad I've done the HD course, it's a great foundation.

I was already trained to do brow wax and tints, so I did wonder what on earth I was going to learn for 2 days. It's definitely given me a much better eye for brows and confident to do them.

Hi ladies

Just a quick question. Do you think HD brows would work as a mobile therapist? I've been salon based for 14 years and now just gone mobile. I'd love to train in HD but the price has put me off but I'm now thinking it will be a good investment but wondering if it will work mobile? X

Latest posts

Back