Headaches after extensions

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jadetamsin

Reaction score
Hi every1, i got my hair extensions fitted finally!:) I had them put in tonight, and they look fantastic so really happy.

only problem i have, is i have a head ache and my head hurts to lie on. I spoke to a friend and she said its just my scalp getting used to the new weight of hair as she had the same and within a day or two its fine.

It feels so strange with loads of bonds all over my head, but looks awesome so very happy as well.

if any1 can give me any opinions or experiences that wud be great!

Thanks xx

sorry i cant be of any help. Im getting mine fitted tomoro or monday im so excited but thats one thing i forgot to ask, if i feel them when lying down? oh i hope it goes away xx

sorry i cant be of any help. Im getting mine fitted tomoro or monday im so excited but thats one thing i forgot to ask, if i feel them when lying down? oh i hope it goes away xx
Aww wicked, mine look great so im happy:) sure urs will too! its odd, i can feel them when i lay down but not so they are painful, but ive got a head ache at the moment!! thats why my head hurts, the extensions dont hurt to lay on though! :) x

what kind are urs? im getting micro loops or whatever you call them lol. xx

what kind are urs? im getting micro loops or whatever you call them lol. xx
Ive got fusion bonds, but with the hot glue gun method rather than pre tipped. The lady who done mine has been doing that method for nearly 16 years! but people say its bad as it shedds loads, but we'l see :) seem pretty nice at the moment. I was gonna have the micro ring method, but changed my mind at last min lol. they seem good thou as well x

i hope so. im hoping the hair comes tomoro and if it does she can fit me in tomoro if notit will have to be monday xx

Hello,

I fit extensions & also wear them. I think i must have a very sensitive scalp/head as can rarely wear a hair band/sunglasses/hair tie without getting irritated! I also always have headaches anyway..

When i first have extensions fitted i probably have a headache for a week before it goes back to feeling normal! So i just take some pain killers before bed etc

Some people must juat be very sensitive to a. the pulling & b. the weight

I also get a head ache having my roots done/ blowdried- anything where it is pulled for a period of time!

Dont worry it'll fade as the bonds grow down slightly & u get used to them!

Jane

Hello,

I fit extensions & also wear them. I think i must have a very sensitive scalp/head as can rarely wear a hair band/sunglasses/hair tie without getting irritated! I also always have headaches anyway..

When i first have extensions fitted i probably have a headache for a week before it goes back to feeling normal! So i just take some pain killers before bed etc

Some people must juat be very sensitive to a. the pulling & b. the weight

I also get a head ache having my roots done/ blowdried- anything where it is pulled for a period of time!

Dont worry it'll fade as the bonds grow down slightly & u get used to them!

Jane

Hi hun,

thanks for the reply, i feel so much better now knowing its not just me who has the head aches, was a little worried at first. will take painkillers for now :)

Thanks

lol.... they most certainly do hurt for a few days, i have had fused, plaits, bonded, and now i have weft(even they hurt)
you'll be fine in a few days ..
enjoy :)

LOL we clearly all suffer from headaches! I nice big puffy pillow at night helps too otherwise i cant sleep!

Thank god that feeling subsides!

Jane

Latest posts

Back