Help - base and top coat too thick for Shellac application

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Finding it difficult to apply correctly

• All

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • All

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters

Sonya Brock

Reaction score
Recently completed, passed and enjoyed the CND shellac beginners course with the fingers centre in Edinburgh. Working only on family and friends just now but no matter how hard I shake the base and top coat prior to application (have done so for the recommended time and more) I find it is still too thick when I apply - only on my 4th set for application but know I require each layer to be applied thinly for best results. Thought initially I would be better than I seem to be. Any feedback will be greatly appreciated. Many thanks, Sonya

Shake the bottles then pop them between your legs whilst removal is happening, goes on a dream, been doing this for 6 years with no problem.

Where are you storing the bottles when not using them?

Top coat doesn't have to be as thin as the colour coats. I love Shellac original top coat because it doesn't run at all.

I would shake or 'pat' the bottles firmly against the palm of your hand 20 times. After 4 applications it shouldn't really be thick. Remember 'thin to win' with all shellac coats x

Shake the bottles then pop them between your legs whilst removal is happening, goes on a dream, been doing this for 6 years with no problem.

I'll give this a go - thank you.

Top coat doesn't have to be as thin as the colour coats. I love Shellac original top coat because it doesn't run at all.

Thank you, I'll keep on working with it.

I would shake or 'pat' the bottles firmly against the palm of your hand 20 times. After 4 applications it shouldn't really be thick. Remember 'thin to win' with all shellac coats x

I hope to keep on improving with the more practice I'm getting - trying to keep on working thin :)

Where are you storing the bottles when not using them?

All my products are stored within my CND Pro bag. I will keep on working towards improving - trying to keep working to thin layers with each coat.

When you pop the nails in the lamp just make sure your shellac bottles are away from the lamp. They really shouldn't be thick consistency at all

As Jersey Jock said - pop the bottle between your legs, or just in your bra works too. I had this problem when I first started and warming it a little bit gets it back to the consistency you want!

Latest posts

Back