Help Fellow Geeks : New Salon

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bonderella

Reaction score
:eek:
Got a fair deal on shop and have gone for it !!!!!
Now I really really want as much help and fantastic advice from all you
lovely salon owners.

Want to try and open in mid Dec and am having the quotes done mon for the refit.
Tell me all the things you never thought of that you wish you had known on hindsight
Thankyou thankyou thankyou
can you tell im really excstatic hahahah:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Hi
I am sure you will get plenty of advice on here, but maybe you could give us a little more info.
Size/staff needed/salon type etc ?

Josie x

Hi, I'm new to the site and have also just found a perfect shop. I'm looking at having a couple of sunbeds, 2 nail stations, beauty treatment room and 1 or 2 hairdressers renting chairs. I'd love to hear how your getting on, I'm the same I'm sure there will be things I've missed and would be greatfull for any advice/tips that all the lovely professionals on here can offer :)
Good luck with your venture!
Xx

fantastic to hear from you.
Wow you are going to the max ! that is going to be amazing.
sat night was in a daze thinking OMG then Sun got up
and started with an ad to find electrician,plumber joiner.
Also sourcing a whole salon !!!!!!!
Today had all the tradesman in to give estimates
decided on back wash and chairs, mirrors, units
signing lease on thurs and hoping to get stuck in by friday.
I am looking to open mid Dec so its soooo exciting
still cant believe it
not sure what to do about working as i pay rent and
want to be straight with the owner.will have made a decision by thurs.
What is your vision? how does it work for you?
:Scared::lol::eek::biggrin:

thanks for asking for more details
a hairdressing salon 350 sq feet
It has come up so suddenly ie thurs
was just looking on gumtree and there it was
I have got a really tight budget
no staff ,just me,
how about health and safety,what is needed?
how do i go about getting an account with Wella
any advice on brands to use for retail and backwash?
not sure I can afford to set up a whole stand yet
my choice would be redken or perhaps morrocon oil

I really want the place to look feminine but sleek
so thinking to spend the money i have on flooring
good lighting and salon furniture
then will introduce more and more as I build
What would you all say to this??

Aw wow I'm sure it will be gorgeous! Well I didn't set out on having so much but when viewed the shop it was bigger and better laid out than we thought so figured I might aswell use it to it's full potential! I'm waiting for accountant to go over figures and have got the application for the lease :) I've put a ad on here for renting space and just doing research into how much to charge ?? I've got my budget and am trying to fit everything in. Although I'm very lucky as the shop also comes with a flat which my friend is going to rent so that will be towards the rental/bills :) it's so scary, I kept

Sorry my son pressed send lol!
Anyway as I was saying I kept talking myself out of it but then managed to convince myself nothing ventured nothing gained!!
I'm aiming to have it fairly girly with chandelier and flowers but not too ott as don't want to scare the men away lol. I've got soooo many ideas, I'm guessing we won't be open till the new year tho. Lucky you will get all the Xmas and new year customers! Brilliant! Xx

Hiya
great that you have gone with it! A flat as well, fantastic.
You are gonna be busy but what a buzz!
Someone up there has decided its my turn ;)
this week has been amazing.
Got the courage up and told the owner I am leaving.
After a lot of discussion he has decided I can carry on till salon opening !!!!!
Sooooo grateful as no upheavel for the clients, can still book everyone in as normal and they will either be in one salon or the other which is a 2 min walk.
We got the lease looked over by our solicitor and he said that it is very favourable on our side. That is such a relief.
The quotes we had from the tradesmen were really varied and we didnt just go for the cheapest but how they spoke about the fit and whether we got a decent vibe off them.
They start Tuesday
sourced all the chairs and backwash, mirrors and chandeliers,just to find waiting chairs and reception desk.
looking at the flooring tomorrow.
Already been asked by friends for a job :eek:
said no probs as long as they think im a great charity coz cant pay :lol:
no more couch surfing sundays for me
or monday lunches hahaha ;)

Congratulations!!!!! :D bet your so excited! And busy! That's nice that they let you stay too, saves messing about. I'm not looking forward to getting quotes lol.
Keep me posted on how it's all going . I'm sat waiting for the accountant to say the magic words haha then full steam ahead after new year :) xx

Latest posts

Back