Help!! For newbie

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

geekfreak

Reaction score
Hi i'm newly qualified of 6 months. i am currently working with in a salon but having trouble building up my clients base. therefore not getting as much experience as i would like. i am very nervous and have had several people cancel or not turn up so that has dented my confidence. Also i don't feel that my nails are as good as they could be because i'm not getting enough experience...i'mlooking toeave and find another, busier and better paid salon but im afraid that my nails might not be up to scratch? Any ideas?

What would make my nails look better?

And why might they be lifting quicker?

the more sets you do, the more you will get experience babe.
for instance I rented rooms above a hairdressers i had a client base but not a very good one and would be sitting there for nothing some days just on the off chance someone would come in.
I have now opened my own salon and im doin nails back to back so my nails have come on so much in these last few months.
but my client base from my last salon followed me to my new one. dont give up on your clients just yet it will come but it takes time and dedication.

your lifting may be due to cuticle still on the nail plate, the better you prep the longer your nails will last. The cuticle on the nail plate treat it as the enemy every little bit must be removed to prevent lifting. maybe a one to one with your educator from your chosen brand will help you to elimate this. I went to clare kelly from young nails and within an hour I knew straight away where i had been going wrong.
practice at home, or on anything that sits still long enough.
good luck x

Latest posts

Back