Help got an interview at college

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

redhead

Reaction score
HELP NEEDED. I have just received a letter today from Bradford college to say I have got an interview for their NVQ2 hairdressing course. Im really worried as it sounds really formal. The interview will last a minimum of 2 hours. There will be a presentation from the tutors first then the interview and an initial assessment. Could anyone please tell me what I should expect and what the assessment is all about? Please help really nervous. :Scared::Scared::Scared:

Last edited:
Don't know if it's different where you are. But this is how it went for me last year. They mostly talk to everyone as a group, explaining the course content, kit, tell you all about the college etc then talk to you all individually for about 5 mins. It's not particularly formal, just speak straight forward explaining how keen you are and you really want the place. If they see you're really interested and think you'll finish the course with good attendance, you're in. Good luck
Oh the assessment is just a basic core skills test to see if you need learning support through the course. It's not a pass or fail kind of test. Like spelling, basic maths, grammar.

thank you for your quick reply. I have been trying to make a few notes of questions to ask. Did yours last about 2 hours?

i had two interviews, i had one where i did maths and english assessments (to work out if i needed any key skills help) also spoke to the manager, who told me about the course, the costs and what level i would be at, my expected g.c.s.e grades etc. In the second, we did a set and wrote an essay and what our qualities are, and why we wanted to e hairdressers, and thats when we got told if we had been accepted, not accepted, or on waiting list. but we had a dress code which we had to wear. black trousers, and shoes and ether grey, black or white top xx

Latest posts

Back