Help needed, overwhelmed by home learning courses!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kelly1984

Reaction score
Hi, am new to the site so not sure if I have have done this right. Apologies if not! I am looking to do a home learning course to become a nail tech, after much research I am overwhelmed. As I work full time I can't do college. I am trying to find a course that covers acrylic and maintaining, and one that will allow me to get insurance at the end. I have a brochure from essential nails but I have read so many things about home learning not being great, and been told that I won't be able to get insurance and now I'm confused! Please help! Many thanks :eek:

Hi, am new to the site so not sure if I have have done this right. Apologies if not! I am looking to do a home learning course to become a nail tech, after much research I am overwhelmed. As I work full time I can't do college. I am trying to find a course that covers acrylic and maintaining, and one that will allow me to get insurance at the end. I have a brochure from essential nails but I have read so many things about home learning not being great, and been told that I won't be able to get insurance and now I'm confused! Please help! Many thanks :eek:

The other option is a shorter, more intensive course with a private company, The Creative Foundation Course is 5 days which are spread over a few weeks, maybe you could take holiday from your job to do it? You will get the best grounding from CND and you will definitely get insurance at the end of it!!

Personally I believe nails is a hands on skill that is best learnt in a hands on environment with a real live educator. If you do decide to go the home learn route then EN are the best as I understand it.

hth's

This is a great article http://www.salongeek.com/training/27430-answer-most-faq-training-should-i-choose.html

I think you need to decide what you want to get out of your nail training - if it is just to be a hobbyist or if it is to be a professional nail technician?

In life we cannot have everything we want - if you want to get the best training then you will have to make some compromises - find an evening course, take some holiday from your job etc.

Why choose the only training you can do, if it is not the best training - hope that makes sense.

Try your local colleges most ofer evening course in NVQ qualifications and you will easily get insurance after.:)

Hi Hun,

I started off doing an EN course and to be honest it was such a big mistake. Not because of the products or anything but I am the sort of person who needs to be taught face to face. In the end I took an L&P beginners course with EzFlow and it was fantastic.

I wish that I had done that in the beginning, I would have saved a lot of time and money.

I'm not saying anything bad about the course as it has worked for some geeks on here but for me one to one training was the best option.

Use teh search option and have a look at some of the other threads on here, you may find a leading educator in your area who you can do a course with.

Good luck

xxxx

Latest posts

Back