Help needed with freelance contract

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nails&toes

Reaction score
Help!!! Anyone know where i can get some advice on what to expect in a freelance contract? Anyone have one or use them at the moment? I'm completely in the dark here :rolleyes:

Thanks for your help geeks, Louise
:hug:

I'm being offered a few hours freelance work on saturday afternoons but I'm new to freelance and am a bit concerned i'm selling myself short :cry: or agreeing to conditions which are not 'normal' (if there is such a thing!)

Do any of you ever work freelance? If so, what terms are standard - what is normal within our industry? I know these are odd question, happy to share details via personal message if that helps...

Hope i'm not asking anything too personal and I would appreciate any help with this, thanks,

Louise x

Hi -

I'm a freelance make-up artist and use an Invoice style contract that specifies:

1) the date of assignment and number of hours I am obligated to be there to complete the assignment

2) My rate (whether hourly or flat rate - depends on the length of time I need or am needed for the job - Be realistic when you set your rate; I made the mistake starting out of underestimating for fear of losing the "job" - that fear was unmerited).

3) A detailed list of what I am responsible for (whether it's my own transportation & transportation costs, make up supplies etc.., what my insurance/legal liabilities are and are not).

4) A list of what the client is liable/responsible for (transportation costs, or if they are sending a car for me etc..., clean, unmade up face, hair should be done/finished etc...).

5) Any deposits that are required and when payment is due. If no deposit then payment should be made and when. I also state any additional fees for last minute cancellations etc.

Here's a site I referred to when crafting my contract template:

How to Create a Freelancing Contract

This is really helpful!!! I have been offered to freelance and even the times but I need to work out a fee.
Only doing shellac, manicure and pedicures.
Do you think I could ask for a percentage off each client or do I set a cost per hour?
Sorry to ask just some light would be appreciated. I did search freelancing and got this as a result

Thank you so much xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sent from my D5833 using SalonGeek mobile app

This thread is from 2008 x

Sent from my SM-N910F using SalonGeek mobile app

Latest posts

Back