Help planning for opening a first salon

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
Hi all - I’m looking into spending the next year saving and keeping track of all revenue and opening up somewhere myself early 2019. I’ve been salon based as a rent a chair position for almost a year and think another year in an established salon would do the world of good as I am going to be working in hair replacement as well as hair enhancement. I use UK leading brands and exclusive invitation only brands at the moment so brilliant quality with reasonable prices.

I would be keen on the idea of having a self employed hairdresser/beautician/mua with me on a pay weekly basis.

Looking for some advice for what else to consider, including savings, costs, profit from others who had went down the same path of opening their first ever salon

Leaving this hear as I’m in same boat love to hear people replies

The first step I think, would be to look for an area you would like your new salon to be in.

Then find and go to see a few shops/premises in that area, to see what size of shop will cost you in rent per month.
Then do a list of all the things you might need in e new shop and get the prices for them. Builders quotes on doing any work etc that you think might be required.

Insurance, gas and electric. Water rates. Find the costs.

This will give you a projection on the costs to open a salon of your own

The above is by no means all your items you'll need.... There's a lot more.

GL xx

I' in the same boat!

Latest posts

Back