Help please-extension business

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

creativexox

Reaction score
Hey everyone

Just thought I would turn to my old faithful- salon geek! I swear, if it wasn't for this site, I would be so stuck half the time..

Basically, as the heading states.. I'm in need of help with my hair extension business.

I've recently (ish.. December) qualified in three methods of hair extensions. So far, I've only tested my new skills on family and friends. I do have hairdressing qualifications, but for now as it's my first time going mobile I'm focusing more on the extension side of things..

I've made a Facebook page- as suggested by my trainer but I'm yet to publish it as I have got total mind block over what to post!

I've even thought of asking for X amount of models willing to pay only for hair just to build a portfolio for extensions but how do you go about asking? I really don't want to sound desperate.. and I don't want people to assume that I don't know what I am doing.. has anyone got any experience with this?

Also, would you suggest adding on a pricing list to the Facebook page or simply ask people to enquire for prices?

Any advice? ❤

During my training, I created a Facebook group for friends and family that were interested in what I was doing - it turned out to be a great idea because I've now got a 'pool' of volunteers who love getting discounted or free treatments. If I feel like I need some content to post on my business page, I put out a call for models or offer a treatment for the price of materials in the group on the proviso that I get to take before and after photographs.

Also, there are loads of local business Facebook groups you can join to advertise. As for price lists - once you get 200 (I think) likes on your facebook page you can add a services tab - the only problem is that it doesn't show up on mobile devices. I created a free blog on wordpress to host a price list so if anyone asked I could just send them the link. I also created a pricelist that I can print out and distribute to clients - just because they asked for one particular treatment doesn't mean they're aware of everything you offer ;)

During my training, I created a Facebook group for friends and family that were interested in what I was doing - it turned out to be a great idea because I've now got a 'pool' of volunteers who love getting discounted or free treatments. If I feel like I need some content to post on my business page, I put out a call for models or offer a treatment for the price of materials in the group on the proviso that I get to take before and after photographs.

Also, there are loads of local business Facebook groups you can join to advertise. As for price lists - once you get 200 (I think) likes on your facebook page you can add a services tab - the only problem is that it doesn't show up on mobile devices. I created a free blog on wordpress to host a price list so if anyone asked I could just send them the link. I also created a pricelist that I can print out and distribute to clients - just because they asked for one particular treatment doesn't mean they're aware of everything you offer ;)
Thank you! That's all very helpful xx

Hey everyone

Just thought I would turn to my old faithful- salon geek! I swear, if it wasn't for this site, I would be so stuck half the time..

Basically, as the heading states.. I'm in need of help with my hair extension business.

I've recently (ish.. December) qualified in three methods of hair extensions. So far, I've only tested my new skills on family and friends. I do have hairdressing qualifications, but for now as it's my first time going mobile I'm focusing more on the extension side of things..

I've made a Facebook page- as suggested by my trainer but I'm yet to publish it as I have got total mind block over what to post!

I've even thought of asking for X amount of models willing to pay only for hair just to build a portfolio for extensions but how do you go about asking? I really don't want to sound desperate.. and I don't want people to assume that I don't know what I am doing.. has anyone got any experience with this?

Also, would you suggest adding on a pricing list to the Facebook page or simply ask people to enquire for prices?

Any advice? [emoji173]

Completely agree with JanVenus, I done exactly the same with Facebook. I concentrated on one method for a couple of months so offered a full head of celebrity weave at cost price on the agreement that they allowed me to take photos to use on my Facebook page. I was completely honest in saying that I'd just trained and was looking to build my experience and portfolio. You'll be surprised at how many people jump at the chance for a discount, trained or not Haha! I just can't stress enough at how important it is to be honest with your experience, you'll be surprised at how people's expectations drop the minute you say 'training'. If you aren't honest you'll end up with complaints if you do happen to maybe do something wrong or a few bonds slip etc. Once you feel confident in that method put your prices to what you had planned to charge and start a new offer for the next method you want to gain more experience with.. it really worked for me! Good luck xx

Latest posts

Back